S-Gear question

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by saneff, Feb 19, 2012.

1. saneff

saneff Gold Supporting Member

Just started with it using my laptop and a little Presonus Audiobox USB as my interface. It is doing something kind of weird. I just got started with it last night and tested and it worked. I only tested for just a minute. Today, it doesn't sound right. It's like I am hearing two sounds. I am hearing essentially the guitar clean on the top and under it I can hear the preset sound from the s-gear. Hope that makes sense. In other words, I am getting two sounds. But the guitar is coming through my headphones clean pretty loud and also you can hear the distorted or whatever the amp choice is underneath it.

What is causing that? I can't for the life of me figure it out. I am new to this.

2. gurumonkey

gurumonkey Member

probably your sound card itself dude. the box probably has a direct monitor function which lets you hear whatever you plugged into it before it's been processed. You might have a blend or mix knob. try turning it all the way to "playback" or something like that and you should get what you want.

3. gurumonkey

gurumonkey Member

yea, i just looked it up. turn the mix knob all the way to playback.

4. saneff

saneff Gold Supporting Member

Ok thanks, I will try that.

5. mwc2112

mwc2112 Supporting Member

It's all in your mixer. You need to not send the input signal direct to your output. I know in my Presonus soft mixer (have a Scarlett USB) I set the DAW to go to the monitor outputs, not the inputs. Not sure how it would be on the Audiobox mixer, but it's probably in the manual somewhere. Good luck!