Saddened by my delay, not sure why

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tbone666, Feb 21, 2009.

1. tbone666

tbone666 Supporting Member

so i have a Maxon AD9 that i've had for the last 3+ years. lately i'm not really digging it.

i think i'm looking for something with a little greater delay time. maybe not. what are my options? i may stray from analog if i get enough good reasons.

2. Wilbo26

Wilbo26 Member

I've heard nothing but great things about the Eventide Timefactor. If you need something small the Ibanez DE-7 is fantastic. I've played one side by side with an AD-9 and I liked the DE-7 better despite it being digital, plus it has much longer delay times.

3. blood5150

blood5150 Member

if you dont need tap tempo just do yourself a favor and get a Skreddy Echo...

4. WarofGhosts

WarofGhosts Member

Skreddy or a Malekko, both sound awesome.

5. Bobster

Bobster Supporting Member

I think you should decide what sort of delay you would want first.. One that would offer alot of options or just a analog one with longer delay time. The EHX DMM AM triple modded is a great longer analog delay.

Its 900ms if i remember..

6. Brad J

Brad J Member

Malekko e600B all the way, comfortably replace my old Ibanez AD80 (which replaced my Ibanez AD9) when I wanted longer delay times.

7. tbone666

i just checked out the clips for the Malekko and the Skreddy - i think the malekko sounds awesome - not sure about the skreddy though - there are a ton of clips to listen to, but it doens't sound as natutral as the malekko. mind you it's just pc speakers, but still.

re: the malekko - dark vs. bright?

8. tbone666

yeah - longer delay times for the most part. there are couple nuances that are annoying with the maxon to me personally. after some listening i believe that the analog route is one which i'd stay on.

9. Brad J

Brad J Member

never tried the dark, but I think the names are a bit of a misnomer,
    the bright is a normal sounding delay, it will sound much the same as your AD9 with a little more clarity and 3D'ness,
    but still retains that nice analog decay, the dark would get darker from there.