1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Saddle Upgrades For Tele?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Teahead, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Teahead

Teahead Member

I have Graphtech replacements on my Tele, I got them because I used to break strings often on stage. I have calmed my right arm with the passing of time and would now like to replace the Graphtechs with a three piece brass type.

I am clueless as to what might be available and would appreciate any suggestions or links that you think I should check out. Please also comment on how suggested replacements might influence tone, tuning stability, intonation and playability?

I have few expectations, merely hoping to spice up my sound with a little more articulation, bite, character and sparkle. The guitar in question is a lowly US Std. Tele with Kinman Broadcaster pick ups and gauge 11 strings dropped a semi-tone... if that helps in any way?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

2. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

3. stucker

stucker Member

4. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I put a Glendale Twang set on my great '63 RI Tele and they are terrific!

5. GDSblues

GDSblues Member

6. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

I put a set of Glendale stainless on my '98 Tele and have found them to have more accurate intonation than the Callaham brass I'd had on there for some years.

I also put KTS saddles on my Tele Junior which certainly increased the ring factor on this guitar (set neck, mahogany, chambered body). They may be too bright for a more standard Tele style though.

7. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I have the Glendale brass saddles on my Nocaster and really appreciate them. Great intonation and a very well thought-out design. Worth the $50. I'm pretty sure they are having a sale on bridge/saddle sets right now for $99.

Bryan

8. PaulM

PaulM Member

+1. FWIW, I am informed that the detemple titaniums I bought were made by KTS. I also have callaham brass, as well as a variety of fender saddles. Love the titaniums, not overly bright, as one poster conjectured. Loads of sustain, like the way they sound.