Saddles Broke

stratguy23

So, I had some Graphtech String Saver saddles on my main guitar that has a Floyd Rose, and one of them cracked, so I called about a replacement, but they no longer make this model, so they offered me a discount to buy their new version. I am considering that, but I want to explore some other options as well, so I was thinking, does anyone make piezo saddles for a Floyd Rose bridge?

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Try asking this in the "Guitar & Bass Technical Info" sub-forum. Different folks over there and many of which have extensive knowledge of stuff like this. You'll probably have better luck with some answers over there :).

Heady Jam Fan

So, I had some Graphtech String Saver saddles on my main guitar that has a Floyd Rose, and one of them cracked, so I called about a replacement, but they no longer make this model, so they offered me a discount to buy their new version. I am considering that, but I want to explore some other options as well, so I was thinking, does anyone make piezo saddles for a Floyd Rose bridge?
Hmmm, that is an interesting questions. I was into buying and selling rare guitars and parts for a while, it was fairly profitable, but I also came across some interesting people who build their own parts for bridges. One person that comes to mind is a fellow named Jon Bondy. He builds bridge, including piezo saddles for Steinberger Style guitars. I was thinking about getting a set of piezo's from him a while back. Here is his website, if he can't machine you the part, he can probably point you to someone who can.

Also, you might be able to find used ones or a used bridge for cheap? Even a whole guitar, sell the body, neck and pickups, keep the bridge and saddles. Or sell your bridge as a "for parts" and take the deal on the new one.

stratguy23

I have the original Floyd saddles that I can put back on, but I just think it would be cool to get an acoustic sound. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out!

Heady Jam Fan

Yea, he has many hobbies, his site is a bit odd, but he is like 75 as well so.... don't be discouraged, he does good work and is well respected in the headless guitar community. Just email him if you are interested in him machining a piezo saddle. If you send him one or two of the original saddles, he can probably put a piezo contact right in it.

PS Direct link to piezo

stratguy23

Ya, I don't want this project to bee too expensive because I have a nice Taylor acoustic, it would just be nice to get acoustic sounds out of this guitar, I'll just email him and see what he says.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Graphtech sells Ghost pickups/saddles for a Floyd Rose bridge.

Trending Topics