• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Sadowsky GAS

mgrier1

Gold Supporting Member
Every time I get the e-mail stock update from Roger, it is all I can do to not pull the trigger on a NYC Jazz bass... Had one, sold it in a fit of GAS, regretted it ever since...

There will be a new one sometime this year... Fine instruments!

Best,

Mike

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member

This is on my GAS list. I have 7 Sadowsky in my arsenal...that says enough :D

C

Cory

This is on my GAS list. I have 7 Sadowsky in my arsenal...that says enough :D

I'm one behind you Jim (got 6)....and that's the next instrument I'm going to get from Roger FOR SURE!! I can't wait!!!

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
I have the caramel sunburst version of this guitar. Most versatile guitar I've ever played. I've got clips of it up on my youtube site.

Thor

I had the opportunity to play one of his custom basses that he built - I now know what all of the fuss is about. Light, resonant, comfortably and sounded fantastic. Covered the vintage J tones very convincingly and then took off from there. Oh yeah, it was really beautiful as well. IMHO, expensive, but worth it!!

Cheers,

Edward

Jim S

Doubt it; they rarely do.:(

But that's a stock item so it's not hard to acquire one new.

calford14

I bought one and sent it back.
I wasn't impressed.
I bought the collings Semi and .....Wow. !
That sadowsky has one small thin neck. not for me.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
I bought one and sent it back.
I wasn't impressed.
I bought the collings Semi and .....Wow. !
That sadowsky has one small thin neck. not for me.
I disagree that it has a small, thin neck. The collings is a completely different type of guitar too. They're not very similar. The sadowsky is an archtop which can be played loud and used for blues and fusion stuff. The collings is more of a traditional semi-hollow.

Jim S

I disagree that it has a small, thin neck. The collings is a completely different type of guitar too. They're not very similar. The sadowsky is an archtop which can be played loud and used for blues and fusion stuff. The collings is more of a traditional semi-hollow.
So the Sadowsky isn't in the Gibson ES-335 camp of tones but more the Howard Roberts camp?
I've never really played any of these. I think next year 2009 I'll take a plunge.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
So the Sadowsky isn't in the Gibson ES-335 camp of tones but more the Howard Roberts camp?
I've never really played any of these. I think next year 2009 I'll take a plunge.
I would say that's roughly accurate. The Sadowsky is a little darker than the Roberts due to the Roberts' having a maple neck and brighter pickups. The Roberts is also MUCH heavier and doesn't necessarily sustain any better.

C

Cory

This is FOR SURE the next guitar coming my way from Roger's shop!!! Maybe in several months I can pick one up! I can hardly wait!!!

Jim S

I got another Sadowsky bass last week and put in an order for another bass too. :jo

:AOK Currently with 8 Sads in my arsenal.

C

Cory

I got another Sadowsky bass last week and put in an order for another bass too. :jo

:AOK Currently with 8 Sads in my arsenal.
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on number 7........:BluesBros really soon!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom