1. The target date for the upgrade is **TOMORROW** Tuesday, August 11, 2020. We expect a few hours of downtime during that process. We will post on Twitter and Facebook to keep everyone updated on the progress.

Sadowsky semi-hollow

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by duaneallen, Jan 21, 2008.

1. duaneallen

duaneallen Member

Just got back from NAMM and spent some time with the Sadowsky semi-hollow guitar. It is unbelievable! Most comfortable guitar that I have played and the workmanship is flawless. It has the exact jazz tone that I have been looking for. I currently own a Hamer Newport Pro, which I love, but have always felt that it was a little bright sounding for jazz. The Sadowsky is just perfect. I wish that I could have heard it through a tube amp though, they had it going through a Henriksen jazz amp. I like that sounds that Jack Zucker got with his using a tube amp and pedals. This guitar fits me perfectly: I can play straight ahead bebop with it, and then play Scofield type bluesy-fusion stuff as well. Anybody else got one? Thanks.

2. Jim S

Jim S Gold Supporting Member

I never played one but it's on my long term gas list. I wish it was shaped like the Gibby ES-3xx line. Can you compared to a Gibby ES 3xx series?

I need another guitar right now like I need a nipple on my forehead. But if I were to get one, the Sadowsky would be in my cross-hairs.

3. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

i've played a couple of them at roger's shop in brooklyn and it's hands down the best semi-hollow i've ever played. i'm actually thinking about selling my ibanez as200 to get one. they're a bit pricey but well worth the money. i have a sadowsky custom tele and it's by far the best solid body i've ever played or owned.

4. archtopjazz

archtopjazz Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

5. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

$3,300 i believe

6. Jim S

Jim S Gold Supporting Member

I would say without reservation the best sounding and playing electric I have ever owned is a solidbody HSH Roger made for me in 1990.

I've been playing for nearly 30 years. 30 years? :eek: :jo

7. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

yep- that's what i have too. a tele body style with the h-s-h configuration. the pickups are bardens and the humbuckers are completely noiseless when split. i've used it on almost every gig that i've had over the last 2 years and it just kills for every style of music!

8. daddyo

daddyo Guest

$3300? That's a good value.

9. duaneallen

duaneallen Member

Anybody play blues or rock with one of these?

10. Cory

Cory Guest

I plan to in several months!!!

11. Cory

Cory Guest

I've got a very similar HSH. It's been my main guitar for 10 years or so. Absolutely KILLER guitars!!!

12. jzgtrguy

jzgtrguy Supporting Member

Can't say for sure but I don't think Jack is using a tube amp. I think he is using a Fractal Audio AXE-FX and he likes to put some pedals in the front. Love the guitar. I've been jones'n for one of those ever since Jack posted this video.