• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Safe to pair a G12H 30 with a 15 watt blue?

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I want to try pairing these in an amp and a cab. The G12H 30 is obviously a little more Marshally, in your face, greenback type of sound. Both speakers are 8ohms (I think) but the G12H is 30 watts and I'm assuming the Blue is 15 watts. So, those wired in series should equal:

8ohm + 8ohm = 16ohm
30 + 15 = 30 watts total? Or, 45 watts?

:dunno

tfunster

Gold Supporting Member
You're right about it being 16ohm total (if wired in series)
The cabinet rating is 30 watts for the two speakers.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
Okay cool. I'd like to keep the speakers close in wattage, I guess 15 and 30 watts respectively is not that bad. So, my huge Avatar Vintage 2x12 will only be a 30 watt, 16ohm cab. But, hopefully it will be a damn fine sounding one at that - any opinions on mixing these two speakers? I think the Gabriel Voxer cabs do the same thing don't they? (Blue + Celestion G12H?)

tfunster

Gold Supporting Member
Okay cool. I'd like to keep the speakers close in wattage, I guess 15 and 30 watts respectively is not that bad. So, my huge Avatar Vintage 2x12 will only be a 30 watt, 16ohm cab. But, hopefully it will be a damn fine sounding one at that - any opinions on mixing these two speakers? I think the Gabriel Voxer cabs do the same thing don't they? (Blue + Celestion G12H?)
It's a great sounding combo, and is used by a lot of the "boutique" guys. I use a Celestion Gold paired with a Scumback H75 and it sounds fantastic with my Soultone amp.

farlowhigh

I use a Top Hat 2x12 with a G12H30 and a Blue for the Vanderbilt 33 and that is what Fat Sound recommended...hasn't been a problem and I can't imagine Stu recommending something that would destroy the speaker.

it is a great combination of speakers!

Eric

teleking36

I use a Top Hat 2x12 with a G12H30 and a Blue for the Vanderbilt 33 and that is what Fat Sound recommended...hasn't been a problem and I can't imagine Stu recommending something that would destroy the speaker.

it is a great combination of speakers!

Eric
I have the same cab and speaker combination. Sounds great with my Supreme 16!

Trending Topics