• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Saint Vincent!

Hefalump

I saw her on SNL. She was very "different".

Different=hip.

Read up a bit on her, seems she is a very talented musician. That is great, she also is a good looker.

Paul86

And the fact that Tuck Andrews was her uncle and that she attended Berklee makes her career choices even more interesting.

OK, I think I get the "free spirited hipster experimental noise thing played by a (questionably) cute female" but honestly not seeing the brilliance. For having gone to Berklee for two years she doesn't seem to have soaked up much in the way of knowledge...or am I missing something or is this akin to the Yoko Ono performance art music thing with less screaming?

Tommy Biggs

Gold Supporting Member
I'm willing to cut her plenty of slack to see where she goes over time. Seems to have some ideas at least, and she's playing guitar, plus doing something different.
I'm not swapping out my Muddy Waters records for St. Vincent - but old Muddy ain't no more records.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
And the fact that Tuck Andrews was her uncle and that she attended Berklee makes her career choices even more interesting.
That would be "Andress".
As far as St Vincent goes, she's clearly a much, much better guitarist than me and I dig some of her funky lofi tones and her voice, but the songwriting just doesn't do much for me (at least not any of the stuff of hers I've heard so far).
-
Austin

Trending Topics