Samick Les Paul Knock Off?

alivegy

So I was going around to a bunch of guitar shops playing some cheap and not so cheap les pauls. I hoped to pick up a historic or perhaps a mid 80's gibson soon but right now isn't quite the time. So I played some new and used gibsons epiphones and an agile or 2. Then I picked up a lonely used Samick Aritst Series Les Paul knock off. I wasn't blown away, but it played and sounded great, better than any epiphone I have ever played. The fretboard was a bit dry and the pickup selector switch is crap but besides that it's a great playing and sounding guitar. When the guy told me it was $200 I was even more impressed. It's a noname with an ugly headstock but it sure as hell doesn't play like one. I left the store so I just didn't buy the thing on impulse, but ended up going back a few hours later and bought the damn thing figuring I couldn't go wrong for $200.

I've had it for a couple of weeks now and still love the thing. But I've been able to find next to nothing about it on the internet. Basically all I know is that Samick made guitars for epiphone. I love the guitar, but anyone have any info on these things? It's the aritst series.

bowie3141

i have a pre greg bennett samick LP copy which is just amazing if you close your eyes you would think you have a 59 LP neck in your hand its the 4th guitar from the left i wish i could find another and i paid 330.00 for that one
Picture227.jpg

alivegy

This one is pre Bennet as well, I love the neck but it has taken some getting used to as I'm used to a fender radius and the radius of this one is so flat.

wrxplayer

Silver Supporting Member
Samick makes great stuff for the money. I have a RL-5 (ES-137). Build quality is excellent.

samick1.jpg

bowie3141

This one is pre Bennet as well, I love the neck but it has taken some getting used to as I'm used to a fender radius and the radius of this one is so flat.
well if you come across another and you don't want it let me know...also if you can find a washburn wp-50 or wp-80 they are also and incredible LP copy only made for 4 years late 80's early 90's(i have 3) but probably the hardest guitar i've ever been able to find,you have city of angels for your location Los Angeles i presume???

SoCalSteve

This a Samick Greg Bennett Cobra. I've had it about 5 years - my first ebay purchase ever. $160 used. Set neck, Grover tuners, Duncan Designed pickups that sound great. I think of it as the SG's Evil Stepbrother. Quality, under the radar stuff for sure.

1x12Rig.jpg

bowie3141

This a Samick Greg Bennett Cobra. I've had it about 5 years - my first ebay purchase ever. $160 used. Set neck, Grover tuners, Duncan Designed pickups that sound great. I think of it as the SG's Evil Stepbrother. Quality, under the radar stuff for sure.

1x12Rig.jpg
alright now you did it i have something else to look for, while i'm trying to work all day long i didn't know samick made an sg style guitar:JAM

alivegy

Here's a crappy picture of it, I'll take a better one of it later in sunlight. If I can stop playing it.
samick.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom