• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Sammy Hagar live

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
Just saw 'em in Naperville, IL.

Sammy
Michael Anthony
Vic Johnson
Jason Bonham

Good show, albeit a bit short.
They played 4-5 Zep songs along with a mix of solo Sammy and Van Halen stuff.

Vic was mostly playing a Les Paul Axcess through Blackstar heads but also brought out a beautiful doubleneck Gibson SG and a PRS 513 (I think) for one song. Some monstrous tone.
Sammy had his red alien LP.

I can't believe that dude is 67 years old. He still sounds the same and does some impressive screams.

(tonight's show but not my video)

Last edited:

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
They are playing Summerfest tomorrow night in Milwaukee.
Miller Oasis stage, 10pm.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
He really didn't sound that great on the recent live at Darryl's house, but I've never really forgiven him for what he did to Van Halen anyway so I'm probably a bit biased.

ZeyerGTR

I've been listening to their live disc "At Your Service" - it's good! He can still bring it, and the band sounds great. I didn't see them live when they came through Orlando a little while back, but maybe next time.

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Hoping to catch this lineup

Don't be surprised if Vic has a Bray hooked up behind the black stars. He's a world class Marshall slut, and has a siggie amp with Bray.

As for what Hagar did to VH...was front and write words as he was allowed per the megalomania that is the Van halen bros. he also got them profitable instead of pissing their money away,

donnievaz

Without Sammy, Van Halen would have ended after DLR. No other singer could have stepped in the way he did.
That's insane. There are any number of guys that could have done it... Dave Meniketti would have been perfect in that slot.

WholeLottaGlove

Silver Supporting Member
That's insane. There are any number of guys that could have done it... Dave Meniketti would have been perfect in that slot.
Dave who? How many bands have brought in a no-name replacement singer and been successful outside of AC/DC?

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Maniketti is the singer..well he IS Y&T.

No I think Sammy was the right guy, look at how they crushed Gary Cherone.
Takes a special kind of guy to withstand that pressure.
I'm not sure anyone else could've done it. Maybe Sabastien Bach.

Hammered

Silver Supporting Member
That could have been killer but probably would`t have worked due to Ed thinking Dave M would be upstaging him every night which he probably would have

WholeLottaGlove

Silver Supporting Member
I can hear why you'd say that after listening to this clip, but I'm not sure it would've worked. There's nothing really unique about his voice; it's straight up vanilla rock. Both DLR and Sammy had a star quality that I think is missing here imho.

fredgarvin

Sammy is great on stage. There is no question on that front. I'll bet that would be a great show.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
That could have been killer but probably would`t have worked due to Ed thinking Dave M would be upstaging him every night which he probably would have
Also Dave M would probably have been less willing than Sammy to set aside his guitar. Sammy already had the experience of singing along with Ronnie Montrose so he'd already learned how to share a band with a "this here stage ain't big enough for the both of us" guitarist.

Trending Topics