Sammy responds to EVH

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
More of the same old crap. I lost most of what respect I had for the brothers VH a long time ago.

These guys are into their 60s and still slinging crap like they were petulant children. Sad.

T Dizz

Sam has let himself get dragged down in the mud before where I wished he had just taken the high road. But I applaud this one. EVH is just a sad, bitter jerk with a tremendous sense of swing. ;)
:spit damn, you got me.

4406cuda

I think that it is great that Sammy has Mike's back. Michael Anthony contributed a lot to the Van Halen albums. Eddie has done too much drugs!

BMX

Silver Supporting Member
The weirdest thing about this whole thing is how pretty much 100% of the guitar playing world worship and applaud EVH's playing, and his legacy is virtually untouchable. We all know the giant role he has played in music in general and Van Halen in particular. He literally doesn't need to go looking for more credit (like singing backups or showing MA bass parts) because he already deserves a mountain of credit on his own merits.

I hope he's eventually able to let bygones be bygones and start to just enjoy life even a fraction as much as we've all gotten to enjoy his immense talent and contribution to the rock world.

standard24

The weirdest thing about this whole thing is how pretty much 100% of the guitar playing world worship and applaud EVH's playing, and his legacy is virtually untouchable. We all know the giant role he has played in music in general and Van Halen in particular. He literally doesn't need to go looking for more credit (like singing backups or showing MA bass parts) because he already deserves a mountain of credit on his own merits.

I hope he's eventually able to let bygones be bygones and start to just enjoy life even a fraction as much as we've all gotten to enjoy his immense talent and contribution to the rock world.
Very well put!!!! Thanks!

You know, a friend recently called alcohol "asshole juice" when in the hands of alcoholics. I think Eddie has had lots of "asshole juice".

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
I think Michael Anthony is a great bassist with golden pipes and (it seems like) a good mental attitude.

Not sure what Eddie is carrying on about. Being dickish doesn't diminish my love of his
music. He's the Frank Sinatra of guitar players to me.

S.
j

Last edited:

Rimbaud

Tarnished Silver
Still not understanding Wolfies presence as the bass player...I mean, he's a decent musician but...
IDK

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
Unless you've lived in a van with 3 other guys, or literally spent yrs together in a fulltime band, it's hard to relate to the animosity that they have toward each other, If you have, it's a little easier to understand.
It's like the Stones, the only reason there still together is they were in a position to take multiple yrs off at a time rather then break up,,,, because they were so rich..

Matt L

Eddie reminds me of Shaquille O'Neal.....both are huge megastars, legends, game-changers, but they have a very bitter, vindictive side to them. It's really a shame that they can't find the grace to take the high road at times. I appreciate honesty and openness, but sometimes it's too revealing.

GerryJ

The way Hagar said "I spent 11 yrs in that band" reminds me of the story - not sure which of the 2 said it- but Clapton comes up to Wood at a party (probably both are a bit tipsy) and says "Ya know, I could have had the Stones gig", and Wood replied "Yeah but Eric, I have to live with those guys!"

Dunzie

The only humility I've seen in that extended circle (six degrees of separation) is Michael Anthony saying he didn't want to get into it, choosing to take the high road, because it's only the VH fans that suffer... the only comment I've read in all this tangled mess that deserved respect. Good on him.

Trending Topics