Sample of Leaked New Kemper Delay

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Dead-Pan, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Dead-Pan

Dead-Pan Member

Kemper is reworking their delay and reverb effects to hopefully be released sometime this year.

Apparently the delays are already in the new OS 4 beta as a couple rigs were posted to the Exchange that surprisingly had some of the delays loaded. Not sure of the specifics but here is a sample of one of them:

slowerhand, nicolasrivera and jageya like this.
  2. jpage

jpage Member

Cool stuff--great to see the Kemper platform growing and improving. Might be time for me to pick up a used one...

3. tgp100

tgp100 Member

I think they said in a NAMM video that there will be 10-13 or so new delay type algorithms, later also more reverbs and effects. In a kemper forum thread one prefered it over his strymon, not sure what delay type it was, maybe crystal/shimmer. Another sound clip found that sounds nice.

New Kemper delay
    https://soundcloud.com/beholdarctic

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  4. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Gold Supporting Member

Great to hear this improvements, been reading complaints about them not being in the same level of quality to other modelers, seems they fixed this.

suckamc, Jose7822 and TimeSnow like this.
  5. tgp100

tgp100 Member

The delays and other kemper effects are very high quality to me, but they are not yet offering so many effect options as some other units do so I like that they will offer more variations. For me quality is always more important than quantity. Some of the really nice kemper effects are not found in other units, like the pitch pure tuning and formant shift.
    Kemper effect videos: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ing-features.78006/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=se

Edit: this old link doesn't work.
    http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/kemper-formant-shift-and-pure-tuning-features.78006/

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    KSL likes this.
  6. db9091

db9091 Member

I don't think delays are hidden in 4.0

There is continual development on future releases, but the releases to the public are complete releases without hidden features.

Think about it, if something is being worked on, and therefore may be unstable, why include it hidden where it can only mess up things?

7. crispsandwich

crispsandwich Member

Well having played the rigs outlined by the OP, I can confirm that the delays were present, in some form, in those rigs. They were not editable, nor could they be stored, but they were there. I am of the belief that the KPA has the delay algorithms within FW4.0 beta, they just haven't yet been 'unlocked'.

8. m~Dan

m~Dan Member

The new delays really are awesome :)

9. Lumpy Trousers

Lumpy Trousers Member

Niiiiice. I may go ahead and download the 4.0 beta, after hearing that.

10. jageya

jageya Member

wow if i had the $$$$ i would get a kemper over fractal and helix....i mean that thing is loaded to bear!...And i would just buy the profiles in my style of must i write/play.

11. journo

journo Member

Hi,

All the delays in this tune are the new delays coming up later in the year. The intro is one guitar put through three delays.

Cheers,

Mats N

12. SteveO

SteveO Member

The quality of the effects in the Kemper isn't a problem, it's the variety-or actually the lack of it-in the delays and reverbs that is the weak point (for me at least).

13. jageya

jageya Member

same with amplifire

14. SteveO

SteveO Member

And this is why the Eventide H9 is right up there with fire and the wheel on the short list of mankind's greatest accomplishments.

manray and slowerhand like this.
  15. KennD

KennD Supporting Member

Fractal Audio Systems Forum - Error
    The requested thread could not be found.

Wonder where that thread went?

Viabcroce likes this.
  16. SteveO

SteveO Member

Maybe it took a quantum leap?

slowerhand likes this.
  17. benifin

benifin Supporting Member

Having now extenisvly used my KPA and Axe 2 a lot, I can add that the issue with the KPA efx is not efx quality ..... rather its efx tweakabiltiy / options / efx types etc.....

The sheer extent of tweakabilty with the Axe as compared to the KPA is almost mind-boggling ... not saying its better or worse sounding .... its just different.

Some times the extra tweakabiltiy it useful and handy .... sometimes it just get in the way.

My only efx "complaint" with both the Axe and KPA is the drive/dit pedals ...... man are they "ordinary" in both units .... sorry ..... to my ears they just to.

Heres a quick experiment.

Set up a clean Fender Twin patch in either.

Add a "green" drive in "virtual slot one" in each.

Tweak it to sound good to you.

Then, disable / turn off that virtual green pedal

Then grab any "real" green-ish style pedal and plug you guitar in to it and then in to your Axe or KPA.

The difference is just astonishing.

From memory there are even some youtube video doing this.

As brilliant as the Amp modelling is in the Axe -and- the KPA profiling is with great profiles ..... the "dirt" efx are just not in the same league ...... and our ears "forget" this as we spend so much time in the "all-in-one" digital box world ..... plus instictively, we want / expect the built in efx to be as good as the amp modelling ..... and they just arent.

As always though, your ears may hear things differnenly.

Ben

mbenigni and dlc86 like this.
  18. jageya

jageya Member

of course i dont expect an h9 in the amplifire for $600 but....if you look at the new marshall code with softube software for 179-300.00 and the array of effects in there it is pretty amazing...not that they are up to h9 level but just sayin.

19. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Have you had the opportunity to try them in 4.x? Users report they are much happier now :)

20. db9091

db9091 Member

I took the efx approach of playing a profile with my real green pedal, and then putting on the efx green pedal and tweaking it to the same sound. The knobs may not match up, but it's possible and that's why I sold the pedal.