Samplitude/RME/Ableton Live/VST's

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Douge, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Douge

Douge Member

I want to record guitar with RME interface in new computer with either Samplitude Producer(Upgaded to Samplitude V8 Professional) or Ableton Live with a few VST's (organ,synths,drums,bass).

Which will be the best user-friendly and give the best sound/performance???
    Any advice will be appreciated!!!

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

ableton is more a loop generator, no? dont think you can do too much in terms of recording and mixing, whereas samplitude is more straight up recording/mixing.

3. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

I tried the Ableton Live demo and didn't get along with it. My only experience with samplitude was with the really old SEK'D version but I found it much more user-friendly. It has the fimilar mixer window that I couldn't find in Live.

4. Unburst

Unburst Member

If you are looking for guitar amp simulators, give Native Instrument's Guitar Rig a try.

5. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

Samplitude is a Killer program, - But there is a learning curve. If your going for Sound Quality - it Cannot be beat.
    I did a major Upgrade to my Studio last year and Previously had Tried All the top Programs for both Mac and PC. I ended up Deciding on a PC with Lynx AES 16 Cards. I am running Samplitude Pro 8 and I could not be happier. It is Extremely stable and It Sounds Incredible! It does work with all VST, Abelton, Reason, Nuendo and a few others. I am using Apogee AD16 - DA16 for the convertors.