1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Sansamp PSA 1.1 Any Good?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DRS, Feb 22, 2012.

1. DRS

DRS Member

I was thinking about grabbing one of these used for low $$$. How are they for a direct to FOH and FRFR preamp? Mostly interested in clean and slightly dirty tones.

2. DRS

DRS Member

bump for the supper crowd

3. tech21nyc

tech21nyc Member

Here's a video of the PSA.

4. DRS

DRS Member

5. Tweeker

Tweeker Supporting Member

I used a PSA (older version) for a number of years in a live context. I think it does clean and medium to high gain very well. I found that the slightly dirty tones were the hardest to achieve, but this is no different than all modelers I've used. The PSA 1.1 is not a digital modeler and it has a signature sound as all Tech21 stuff does. If you like the sounds achievable from a sansamp unit or Trademark amp, you'll like the PSA.