Santa CRUZ 000 good used price??

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by michaelprice83, Jan 19, 2008.

1. michaelprice83

michaelprice83 Member

I have a chance to buy a mint Santa Cruz 000 that is 4 years old with rosewood back and sides privately for $2000. Is this a good price? It has binding and whatnot but isn't one of the custom abalone adorned version.

2. smiert spionam

smiert spionam Member

If it's in decent shape and you like it, it's a great price.

3. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

I think that is a great price. New, I doubt you could get one for much under $3500. I tend to knock 25% to 33% off of a new price to figure out a used price.

Bryan

4. sonic romp

sonic romp Member

Absolutely! If you pass ~ forward me some info!

5. paddywhack

paddywhack Supporting Member

...out of the 20 or so high end acoustics both new and vintage that i have owned my Santa Cruz 000 is the very best....2 grand is a steal...

6. Grun

Grun Member

I guess I'm in the minority here, but that sounds like close to top dollar, especially in today's market. Just to qualify, I own several Santa Cruz and have sold several as well. But if you really want to know, check Ebay completed auctions.

7. michaelprice83

michaelprice83 Member

thanks guys for your help. the owner is restringing it so i can test with strings that aren't dead, when i played the guitar it was sweet but noticeably dead from the old strings...... i really want the Martin EC so if this doesn't beat it i'll go with the Martin.

8. Grun

Grun Member

^My guess if that is the choice you will end up with the 'Cruz. Let us know how you make out. To clarify my earlier remarks, I don't think you would necessarily be over paying at $2K, but I don't see it as a 'steal' either.

9. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

I'm not much of an acoustic player, but the only steelstrings to fire me up in the last 20 years or so (!) have been Santa Cruz small body guitars. Better than most Martins I've played. And I used to sell Martins!

10. joel

joel Member

Those are very rich and full sounding guitars. The 000's are 12-frets to the body, right? If so, you should think carefully if that suits you. I've got one, and I sort of wish it had a cutaway. By the way, from what little I know, that's a very decent price. Have fun!