Satchurator vs Pinnacle

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 1cmb, Feb 7, 2012.

1. 1cmb

1cmb Member

So at the moment I have a satchurator. When I bought it, I had the thought of using for my high gain lead sound, but it was extremely low in volume and very compressed and I always got lost in the mix when I tried to use it. I really need a pedal for the times I need a higher gain sound through my ac30. I have heard good things about the Wampler pinnacle... How is it in relation to the satchurator? Is it as low in volume or compressed? Does it have as much gain? Will I get lost in a mix if I try to use it at a setting that actually sounds good? Sorry about all the questions, but I really am tired of my satchurator haha. I would love to hear you guys opinion on this... Oh and also it doesn't have to be limited to the pinnacle, all recommendations over all are welcome

2. gkinsingapore

gkinsingapore Member

I have a Pinnacle and played in a band with a guitar player that had the Satchurator. When using those pedals with small amps in rehearsal the difference was night and day. The Satchurator got lost all the time and his answer was to keep turning up to try and cut through. His sound was so bright with mushy distortion that in the end we cut him.

Pinnacle does a great job for me whenever I'm not using my PT100 and need to throw a few pedals in front of an amp........

3. 1cmb

1cmb Member

@gkinsingapore yeah thats exactly what I'm trying to avoid... While I would love to have like a caa or a Marshall of sorts for my heavier sounds, the majority of what I do is my ac30 ran clean with a few ods for some grit... So it sounds like the pinnacle is a lot better then the satch