Satisfaction is finding your own signature sound

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by popinvasion, Mar 29, 2015.

1. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

Regardless of your skill level or pocketbook. Then using what you do have to your fullest.

I just saw one of my favorite bands gear and they haven't changed in 25 years, same stuff and their sound is unique. Their gear looks relic'ed from use and it all looked like home for them. Like moms meatloaf or macaroni and cheese.

I love gear. But satisfaction is putting together the perfect rig for your sound and sticking with it.

I've been redoing my board and my favorite pedals in 2005 are still my favorites today im shedding all the busty full featured latest and greatests and going back to me. Same with amps. Guitars- well I never had a favorite the closest was a telecaster-well my main guitars are tele based LSL and Fano's.

Anxiety hyper riddled gear chases seems at the time a lot of fun-it's a cheap thrill, but satisfaction is comforting and lasting.

As they say "happiness is a warm gun"

2. hellbender

hellbender Member

I know what you mean. I find that people who listen to me play always seem to say;

"I always know when it's you playing."

3. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker Member

I found my signature sound with the DOD Punkifier mixed with a fuzzrite. its become a pretty rare pedal, and nobody thought to really use it because it looked kind of cheezy, but it has a unique sound for punk rock.

4. playsarobin

playsarobin Results. Not excuses.

What I've found is my signature sound almost begins and ends with my favorite guitar. My Anderson hollow cobra S has been the only constant since '08, and I honestly don't see that changing. I've had a couple axe fx rigs (currently a II) where I'd go through different base amp tones, had line6 for a while and a Traynor rig for a while as well. Fundamentally, tone was consistent throughout and that's ultimately all I need, it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk