Satriani builds a Time Machine

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Prodigy, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Senior Member

2. woude

woude Member

Cool! Just like the name of one of his albums.

BTW... I just noticed in the picture that he uses a whammy IV now instead of the whammy I!

3. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I'll check out the delay pedal that might be worth trying...although I did not care for the Satchurator so hopefully the delay is more to my liking!

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Man I'm excited about these pedals!!

Shane

5. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Will be interested to see/hear this one, too.
    There's a toggle, and maybe Tap Tempo? Or A/B D-Times?

6. RickB

RickB Member

+1. The Satchurator left a lot to be desired unfortunately.

7. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I love the New Satch pedal.Worked it in to my rig last month and am still using it.Was not impressed at first,started changing my mind at rehearsals..Actually purchased a backup for GP.

8. Gtr_Eng

Gtr_Eng Member

I like my new Satch pedal. At first I was a bit disappointed but then I swapped a speaker out in my twin and the Satch pedal really started singing. It cleans up extremely well when you back off the gtr volume. The more switch is great for going into maximum overdrive during lead playing. Combined with a TS type OD it works well also.

9. RickB

RickB Member

Hey Keith. How are you running yours? Into a clean amp? Double coils? I tried really hard to like it and would have liked to have at least kept it around to keep revisiting but I ultimately took it back. I was running it into a clean amp with singles since I rarely use doubles these days. I just found that there was a lack of mids and the range of the tone knob didn't provide for much of a sweet spot.

10. afterburner

afterburner Supporting Member

looks cool! I can't wait to read about it!

still have yet to try the Satchurator....

11. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

I wonder how many of those who don't like this pedal tried it with a single coil guitar into a fender amp?

I wonder because I am pretty sure this pedal was intended for humbucker guitars into the clean channel of a beefy amplifier. Ibanez + Peavey JSX + Satchurator = tadah!

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Senior Member

Well, I tried it with my Ibanez JS 1200 and Peavey Classic 30, which is what the clean channel of the JSX is mainly based on, with the coil tap on my guitar engaged and disengaged. Still didn't take to it. The BM Hot Wired sounds much more warm, clear, and punchier through my rig...and definitely more amp like without all the harsh fizz and flat dynamics.