• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Satriani (New Guitar and Marshall)

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
That new guitar is sweet! I do wish the HB was direct mounted. But I dig it.

I watched this video the other day and what he says from 30-40 seconds strikes me as funny for some reason. I think it is because Ibanez is the king of 24 fret guitars and he has been with them for so long. He talks about it as if it is some rare/hot/new thing....even when he starts talking about the cut away being deeper. Has he never heard of Steve Vai and the Jem or the super strats of the eighties? LOL.

Cool guitar. I am a big Satch fan since Surfing came out and I've met him and he came across as a really nice guy. But I couldn't take having a Satriani guitar. People might think I can play fast..... Or good.

Once upon a time I was a massive fan boy. I started getting out of Satch around 2002. I still ended up buying the JSX which I kept for less than a year.lol
I had a JS1000 once upon a time. I used the bar so much that I actually broke it in half. I sold both my Js1000 and my JSX and pretty much never really listen to him anymore. Now I'm a Strat guy who never really touches a bar.

Now I'm a Landau fan boy! lol

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Once upon a time I was a massive fan boy. I started getting out of Satch around 2002. I still ended up buying the JSX which I kept for less than a year.lol
I had a JS1000 once upon a time. I used the bar so much that I actually broke it in half. I sold both my Js1000 and my JSX and pretty much never really listen to him anymore. Now I'm a Strat guy who never really touches a bar.

Now I'm a Landau fan boy! lol
Curious... I thought this was a Joe Satriani-related gear thread...? ;)

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds good. I've used a ProTrack in the neck of a 24-fret guitar and it sounded great. That and the Chopper are my go-to choices for that application. However, he does appear to think he's invented the 24-fret guitar?!? :roll
-
Austin

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
He just strikes me as somebody who can't believe after all this time that he's just finally discovered you can make music with 24 frets...

M

Member 995

Very interesting. The guitar looks really nice. There is definitely something unique about the sound of the neck pickup on a 24 fret instrument due to the location.

Any word on pricing?

HHB

I cracked up when he said "then I can play really fast stuff way up here" uh, isnt that the Satch modus now LOL

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Sounds good. I've used a ProTrack in the neck of a 24-fret guitar and it sounded great. That and the Chopper are my go-to choices for that application. However, he does appear to think he's invented the 24-fret guitar?!? :roll
-
Austin
There was a Steve Vai interview in GP a while back and HE thought that he had invented the 24 fret guitar and it was new stuff for Ibanez..proving again that TGP forum members are more expert on gear trivia than guys with musical talent, record contracts, gigs, careers and signature gear.:banana

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
Whatever happened to his awesome legato licks? All I ever hear from him now is tired old satchified blues licks... :(
What kills me is that I've seen pics and vids of him with some amazing vintage guitars, Les Pauls, Strats, etc, etc...if that's what he's after, why doesn't he play them more?

Jerrod

Gold Supporting Member
Cool guitar. Glad to hear the guitar world has finally overcome that pesky 22 fret limitation.

enigma

Silver Supporting Member
He makes it sound like there was some incredible design breakthrough with 24 frets. I like the look of the guitar with its simplicity - nothing breathtaking, however.

But, of all the shredders out there I like Satch for his melodic riffs.

severinsteel

What is the issue with a full sized humbucker in the neck pos of a 24 fret? In my RG550 it sounds fine. Would would the advantage of a blade style pickup have?

smallbutmighty

Silver Supporting Member
What is the issue with a full sized humbucker in the neck pos of a 24 fret? In my RG550 it sounds fine. Would would the advantage of a blade style pickup have?
No issue....just a different sound.

Satch has been doing the dual humbucker thing for a while, and is probably out looking for something different to spin his motor a new direction for a while....just like you and me.

Unlike you and me, when Satch goes looking for something different, he gets his own new signature model.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom