Savage amps opinions

rubis

have any of you guys tried savage amps before?unfortunately they're made in Minnesota and I don't know of any store that have them, so I've never gotten to try one, but I've read good things on other forums. I wonder how they'd compare to other boutique makers like divided by 13, top hat, or two rock

MHG

I had a Glas 30, and it was a gorgeous amp. Wonderful, squishy, warm, vintage Vox tone and feel. I definitely plan on getting a Junger 5 in the near future.

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
I grew up about 20 minutes from them. Have had a Rohr 15 and Macht 12 for 10 years now. I wish I owned their whole lineup.

They are great amps made by great people. Some people think they are clones of vintage amps, but they really have their own thing going for them. They are thickest sounding and most touch sensitive amps that I have come across.

cg

Gold Supporting Member
Amazing amps built by the best people who will always take care of you. Great vintage tones. Build quality is second to none

Jason_77

Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard used the Blitz 50 on tour for a number of years. He sounded great at every show I went to. ;)

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard used the Blitz 50 on tour for a number of years. He sounded great at every show I went to. ;)
Mike used a Blitz 50 when I seen them towards the end of 2014. Sounded awesome....was running and 65 Empire and another that escapes me right now.

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Silver Supporting Member
The Blitz 50 is one of the best amps I've ever played through!

JES1680

Gold Supporting Member
Probably the most overbuilt amps I've ever seen. They do have their own tone, not a clone of any vintage amp. Need to be LOUD to sound their best IMO.

DewieCox

Silver Supporting Member
Nope, but Stone was definitely using one. The third amp of Mike's was a Union Jack.

direneed

Silver Supporting Member
I've got 2 Savage Macht 6's that are my favorite low-wattage amps. I run them in stereo, mostly bedroom playing, but they have been to gigs before and work very well mic'ed. They get some fat power tube distortion when run full bore for gigs and the 1x12 cab makes them seem much bigger than 6 watts. I'd think a Macht 12x would be a nearly perfect grab-n-go club gigging amp.

Bobby D

yes, every one I have played thru has sounded GOOD. I had a red sparkle Macht 12x 1x12 combo, and it was a really great sounding gigging amp, and was loud enough to keep up with a pretty heavy haI have ever heard...nded drummer. one of the most marshally little combos

sants

I had a Glas 30, and it was a gorgeous amp. Wonderful, squishy, warm, vintage Vox tone and feel. I definitely plan on getting a Junger 5 in the near future.
Glas 30 is one of the best amps I've encountered. I ran sound at an event for some guys from a pretty famous band. One had a Glas.

MHG's description is exactly how I remember the amp sounding. Almost forgot about it. Now I have GAS. Damn you!!!:D

Reactions: MHG

Trending Topics