Savage Blitz owners - any out there?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cg, Jul 26, 2008.

1. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

I had one a few years back and I liked it a lot. It's a big beast, but it has an excellent master and great reverb.

I wonder how people like the Blitz who have lived with it longer than I did. I've had several Savage amps and they are all pedal friendly in my experience. I would use the Blitz as a clean amp and use pedals for dirt.

Anyone else doing this?

2. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

It gets some great cleans, but the thing that really floored me was the "Jumped Marshall" setting that came with them. It had one of the best crunch tones I've ever heard in my life.... completely addicting.

3. jda

jda Member

I love my Blitz. I think it is a great take on the marshall/bassman theme, great master and reverb as you say. Very very responsive to the volume control on the guitar - perhaps may favorite amp in that regard.

4. jda

jda Member

Can you elaborate? Do you mean just jumpering the inputs? If so, yes, you have to do that :dude

5. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

6. bstranathan

bstranathan Member

how does the blitz handle compared to a 100W superbass. i know they are two different animals, but in terms of versatility and tone (hendrix/bramhall/higher gain) and great RnB/hendrix cleans?