Savage Rohr 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by tterry2, Feb 20, 2012.

1. tterry2

tterry2 Member

Ok I have a Savage Rohr 15 with a Celestion Blue Speaker and it is awesome and my question is this.....I have been able to cramk some pretty sweet tones out of it but what are some pedals that go absolutely hand and hand with the amp?

Guitar: Musicman Shiloutte

Amp and pedals: Savage Rohr 15, DOD Preamp 250, CMATMODS Signa drive, Line 6 M13

2. lpaine

lpaine Opinions are like... Just don't become one. Gold Supporting Member

Are you looking for different flavors of dirt and overdrive, or more along the lines of a clean boost?

3. illini

illini Member

Those are great amps. Unfortunately I don't have the experience with the amp to answer your question fully. I used one with my pedal board, and all my overdrives worked well with it. So with that being said they were: 80's Rat, Keeley TS-9, Barber Direct Drive & RC Booster.

4. tterry2

tterry2 Member

yeah basically different flavors of dirt I really like to be versatile with my sound but am having some difficulty getting the extremes I am newer to pedals because on all my other amps I always used the amp distortion. Do you know of any good fuzz pedals? I will definently check out those pedals but yes I am looking for a good clean boost as well

5. ItJustRocks

ItJustRocks Gold Supporting Member

I would recommend checking out Wren and Cuff. I had their Tall font Russian and it was great! The Phat Phuk sounds awesome too for a clean boost.

6. lpaine

lpaine Opinions are like... Just don't become one. Gold Supporting Member

Fulltone 69 has been my gave fuzz for the past 10 yrs or so, tho I don't use it much. I'm fond of the Timmy for a variety of overdrives, and hae settled on a Keely modded Bluesdriver for the cleanest clean boost, after using, and liking Zvex SHO, Durham Sex Drive and a Moab boost. I also like the Blues Driver's overdrive a lot, but the Timmy is a tad more transparent to my ears. Both are pretty darn versatile pedals. I keep both on my board, tho, because of the clean boost excellence of the BD.