saving the battery life in my MK III fuzz~remove input cable only?

TREV FLINT

My only battery powered pedal is my MK III fuzz and I have been removing the input cable when not playing to preserve the battery. Do I need to remove the ouput cable as well?

zerorez

You may want to at some point have it modded to have a on/off for the volume pot to perserve battery life when not using your pedal board, but in the interim, just pulling the cable on the input when not in use will be fine.

TREV FLINT

You may want to at some point have it modded to have a on/off for the volume pot to perserve battery life when not using your pedal board, but in the interim, just pulling the cable on the input when not in use will be fine.
Yeah I have thought about the on/off switch. Is this a simple mod?

zerorez

Should be, just match the same pot value, when I used to have a DAM MKII on my pedalboard it had the nice slide out battery drawer and I used reach down and pop it out with my pick when I was done.

You may want to email the vendor and find out what the value is on the pot if it not visible and find a suitable replacement that has the on/off feature.

Diconnecting and reconnecting, tugging on cables will save cable failure in log run.

Good Luck, my Man.
:beer

TREV FLINT

Should be, just match the same pot value, when I used to have a DAM MKII on my pedalboard it had the nice slide out battery drawer and I used reach down and pop it out with my pick when I was done.

You may want to email the vendor and find out what the value is on the pot if it not visible and find a suitable replacement that has the on/off feature.

Diconnecting and reconnecting, tugging on cables will save cable failure in log run.

Good Luck, my Man.
:beer
Thanks for the pop out battery tip!, my fuzz has a slide out battery but I never thought of popping it out instead of disconnecting the cable-nice!

elvisofnazareth

Thats why I try to order my fuzz's with the dc adaptor input (Even though I only use the battery) ..... Plug in a dummy Boss style dc plug and the battery is automatically disconnected. The only thing I like better is a click off pot.