• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Saw a band on Cape Cod this weekend. Help me identify the guitar.

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
I saw a band on cape cod this weekend, Friday the 17th at Tommy Doyles Irish pub. Band was a jam ish band, with a guitar, bass and drummer and sax player who sang a bit. Stoner rock elements. Spoke to the guitar player during a break and he told me the name, but I forgot it due to beer and jello shots.
Anyway, guitar was a Alembic Tribute body style, but with a more curved 3x3 headstock. Two humbuckers and a custom or less known wrap around tail piece. From my vague memory, the Tribute body was hollow. He descibed it to me as a cross between a tribute and languagoc. I "think" it might have started with an R (not Rukangas) but could be wrong. Very much a tribute body style, not sort of one. Glued in neck that I could tell. Anybody hazzard to guess what it was? Player was good and cool.

Route234

Yea, Resurrection definitely made at least one hollow body Jerry type Tribute guitar. You see Phiga's around as well.

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Looking at the pic I would say that's exactly like a cross btwn a tribute and a languedoc!

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
No one can id? Looked and it doesn't look like Post or Ressurection from their sites.

enharmonic

Old Growth
Platinum Supporting Member
Does the band have a Myspace page? Might be able to reach the guitarist through the band page. Or, call the bar and find out the name of the band / contact info.

Looks like a cool guitar!

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
Again, memory fails. The bar web site only has current date forward gig info. I'll keep looking and try to contact the band.

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
Yea, I thought Minarik but looked at the headstock when I was there and it wasn't that maker. Looked like a R and another letter intertwined as the name. Bridge, though hidden in the pic, wasn't familiar to me, as were the non standard pickup surrounds.

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
Can't remember the band name, and the bar web site didn't have a schedule beyond the present day. Couldn't look back.
Not a parts guitar as it was more of a hippie sandwich multi laminate buildm hollow or partially hollow body. Glued in or Neck thru. He told me the builder, but I have a mind like a sieve when it comes to formal names.

Top Bottom