Saw a GREAT Van Morrison cover band this weekend

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by cg, Feb 29, 2012.

1. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

Saw a fantastic band Saturday night at Kieran's Irish Pub in Minneapolis. They were a Van Morrison cover band - what a cool idea! Van the Man has so many outstanding tunes. The place was packed and the crowd loved it! The crowd was a great mix of men and women.

Inspired me to think about starting an alt country Rolling Stones cover band. Hmmmmmm

2. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Love Van the Man! Very cool he has bands covering him!

3. aliensporebomb

aliensporebomb Member

Here in town? Did the pseudo-Van insult the audience when they wanted to hear "Brown Eyed Girl?"

4. mixwiz

mixwiz Member

Guessing they were the Belfast Cowboys. They really are a blast to see live.

5. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

Yep!! Great band!

6. nealpolitan

nealpolitan Member

Yes, I caught them with a full band (horns and everything) at Irish Fest in St. Paul a few years ago.

They are a great band and nary a surly audience loathing moment to be found...

7. aliensporebomb

aliensporebomb Member

Sounds cool - my brother in law saw the real Van live a few years ago here and said that when he sang he was great but he was getting madder and madder towards the end of the show because people were calling out requests for the old favorites and he wanted to sing everything from whatever his last record was and he finally stormed offstage and didn't return so it was a bit short as a concert. I later found out he's apparently famous for this behavior but I thought it was some kind of weird joke at first.