1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Saw Alterbridge on Paladia last night

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Burst59, May 17, 2011.

1. Burst59

Burst59 Member

Saw Alterbridge last night thinking I would hate them and I actually really liked them. Very melodic with nice heavy downtuned guitars. I'm afraid to like them, but you know I do dammit, they were a great sounding band with really good stage chemistry.

2. sinasl1

sinasl1 Supporting Member

I agree, they really kick Creed to the curb, which is bizarre in a sense since it's 3/4 the same band, but there you go, it's all about chemistry ain't it?

3. Bankston

Bankston Member

It's all about the chemistry and the incredible vocals of Myles Kennedy. Phenomenal singer and not a douchebag.

I also like that Tremonti really stretches out as a player in Alterbridge.

4. tremonti

tremonti Member

Obviously I like Tremonti with my user name.....he is an incredible player and has improved by leaps and bounds as a player more than just about anyone I've ever heard. He really did some wood shedding after the 3rd Creed album. As far as shredders that write really great songs and riffs....not too many better in that genre. Alter Bridge seems to be a good group of friends that truly enjoy playing together and hanging out as buddy's too. Great to see no egos with Alter Bridge.

5. Ultron

Ultron Member

perfectly summed up.

6. billfoma

billfoma Member

Myles IMO, has one of the most powerful voices in rock these days, and Mark has turned into an absolute monster guitarist.

7. localmotion411

localmotion411 Member

Alterbridge doesn't even need to be talented. They just need their current lack of Stapp.

8. localmotion411

localmotion411 Member

Haha

Creed had a Stapp infection!

9. longi

longi Member

I saw AB earlier this year in Southampton Guild Hall UK, personally I think pound for pound they are the best "New Classic Metal Band" (If that makes any sense!) that's been around for a long long time. I love the modern slant they put onto a classic rock sound. I also think Myles Kennedy is probably the best rock singer around at the moment. The quality of his voice is leaps and bounds better than anyone else that I can think of right now. I just wish there were more singers of his calibre around right now. The whole cookie monster thing is very boring. Bring back real singers with real imaginations that can take you on a journey somewhere and put a smile on your face. It's worrying that that there's a distinct lack of quality singers out there and a tsunami of Death Metal type singers that are just so boring to listen to.

10. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

our motto "we're better than creed" :band

yes -- i like this MUCH BETTER than creed.

PLEASE DONT REUNITE just to pay your mortgages. kthxbai :YinYang