Saw Blue Oyster Cult last Night,amazing.

ripple

With Kung Fu Grip and Lifelike Hair
Gold Supporting Member
My heart is black and my lips are cold...
Cities on flame with rock n roll

Yuge BOC fan here.

(how the heck do you type an umlaut?!?)

ripple

Gold Supporting Member
For you BOC nerds, check out this site: the Blue Oyster Cult History project https://www.hotrails.co.uk/history/1984.htm

So much info regarding tour dates, support acts/headliners and anything BOC or Soft White Underbelly related. You can search shows by year, and contribute info if desired.

I've been looking up the 4 different BOC/SWU shows I've seen and comparing my memory to the comments/factoids.

Man, some of these shows were so much entertainment for a $10 ticket.

fataxeman

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve always loved this band. I didn’t get around to seeing them until ‘91. My GF bought tickets for my birthday. Dinner, lots of drinks, balcony seats where something is getting passed around….3 songs in and she’s passed out. I have to get her home.
Two years later I go to see BOC with another friend.Same venue, same balcony. We weren’t even through the opening band and this gal is harfing into a garbage can. Took her back to her home. Two shows, three songs total.
I like the new album too.
Maybe go by yourself for a change? ;) You've earned it!

ripple

Gold Supporting Member
Embarrassed to admit I was late to the party on the new BOC record. I got my copy last night and I've given it 3 listens thus far.

It's really damn good. This may be one of my very favorite BOC records: dark & menacing in places , heavy as hell in others, and just plain old rock & roll fun everywhere else.

The band flat smokes; Buck, Eric and Richie are throwing out bare knuckle rock riffs left & right, and the rhythm section is heavy, tight and groovy. Some really good songs too, with outstanding vocals throughout

I can't think of another one of their peers that's had this strong an effort this late in their career.

Last edited:

or bowling

I saw them in LA (Burbank Starlight Bowl) a few months ago - Buck was still killing it... super impressed and major respect!!!

Slideman

I've seen them a dozen times. My favorite band of all time. My first show was 1982 at Radio City - Zebra was the opener.

I saw them at the 40th anniversary show in NYC at the Best Buy Theatre and had back stage passes. The guys all signed my laniard and poster - it's framed. Chatted with Buck and Eric and took some photos too.

During this time, I became friendly with Richie Castellano who is the mass talented utility musician in the group - keys, bass and lead guitar....and Richie provided some great piano and keyboards for my bands last two albums.

The band is just a fantastic group of not only musicians, but people.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom