Saw Christone "Kingfish" Ingram last night in Brooklyn

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
What a great show. Not only is this young man extremely talented, he seems like a really nice guy and genuine as can be. Show was at the Brooklyn Bowl, which is a wonderful venue, especially for people like me who get there 45 minutes before show time to cozy up to the stage.

Pics below as well as a video. He uses a wireless cable and at one point left the stage to walk through the crowd while playing. For an interesting discussion of his pedalboard, see
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...edalboard-and-the-wah-treble-booster.2125929/

[/IMG]

Last edited:

helrazr84

First time I saw him was on youtube about 2 years ago? Dude plays like a full on professional and means what he plays.

prototype

Silver Supporting Member
love kingfish! he's one of the first guitarists I started listening to solely because of exposure on social media. hope there are more like him out there. looks like a great show.

theanthonyv

Love his authenticity and energy. He’s genuine. The style of playing isn’t my favorite, but that doesn’t really matter. He seems like a great person and I wish him the best.

TonyBony

Far and away my favorite new guitarist. I hear the same thing in his fingers that Gary Moore, Jeff Healey and Stevie Ray Vaughan had. They all had/have this incredible intensity and control in their playing that I think that you are just probably born with.

Mad Wombat

Far and away my favorite new guitarist. I hear the same thing in his fingers that Gary Moore, Jeff Healey and Stevie Ray Vaughan had. They all had/have this incredible intensity and control in their playing that I think that you are just probably born with.
Don't forget Buddy Guy in that list. I think Kingfish spent some time at Legends recently and picked up a few things.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member

I'm not so much into big long guitar solos any more, but this dude phrases so well and is so in the pocket he keeps me listening.

I'm not so much into big long guitar solos any more, but this dude phrases so well and is so in the pocket he keeps me listening.
That was pretty impressive! What pickups is he using? I need to update a les Paul and that’s a pretty damned good sound:love:

Trending Topics