• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Saw Dave and Phil Alvin this week

marktweedy

In Transit®
My oh my! What a show. With the Guilty Ones, they played a small, call it 400 person capacity room, in Vancouver. Although Phil had been very ill a couple years back (and down a tonne of weight) he sings like he did in The Blasters 30 years ago. Dave has not missed a beat either. I actually had no idea he was as fine a guitarist as he is.

Superb, very high energy show.

Did I mention that I am in love with the drummer, Lisa Pankratz?

Last edited:
Reactions: TVC

MORE BARN

My oh my! What a show. With the Guilty Ones, they played a small, call it 400 person capacity room, in Vancouver. Although Phil had been very ill a couple years back (and down a tonne of weight) he sings like he did in The Blasters 40 years ago. Dave has not missed a beat either. I actually had no idea he was as fine a guitarist as he is.

Superb, very high energy show.

Did I mention that I am in love with the drummer, Lisa Pankratz?

+1

I saw them this past winter in Northampton, MA. Great show. I have Dave's 'Eleven Eleven' expanded album, which has a DVD of a show. Great stuff.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
HUGE fan of both those guys and have been since 1983. a few years back their was a photo essay and very deep interview with phil at his home that somebody blogged. phil is a mesmerizing presence and a real tresure. i have always followed dave and have probably seen him live close to a dozen times. i never saw the blasters with dave, but have with keith wyatt; twice. dave alvin gets better & better, too! what a fantastic
catalog of music they've got!

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
Aren't they great. Got to see them in Denver about a year ago. Real talent and a very fun show!

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
Reviving this one because I saw these guys in San Francisco this month and it was a great show. It was a Blaster! Local country band Red Meat opened and were great as well.
A true Americana tradition having brothers playing together and telling a few stories along the way.

Bluedano1

Early 80's Blasters were one of the best live shows I've EVER seen. I'd love to see the brothers again.
I kind of missed out on The Blasters when they were in their '80's prime, caught with their music in '92 when a band I joined into did a few songs. What a solid-ass band! Dave and Phil ( and Co.) are an Americana gift.

GGinMP

Gold Supporting Member
I kind of missed out on The Blasters when they were in their '80's prime, caught with their music in '92 when a band I joined into did a few songs. What a solid-ass band! Dave and Phil ( and Co.) are an Americana gift.
Lee Allen was playing sax with the Blasters when I saw them, and Phil kept saying how honored they were to have him in the band. He played on a lot of Fats Domino & Little Richard hits.

Trending Topics