Saw Esperanza Spaulding last night

Cuthbert

While I didn't like all of her vocal stylings and atonal scatting, it was obvious to everyone in the house that we were in the presence of something very special that doesn't come along that often. Great band too, especially the piano player Leonardo Genovese, over and out!

DRS

Esperanza is an amazing talent. And I mean amazing in the traditional sense, not the throwaway term used today if the barista puts a squirt of caramel on your mocha's whipped cream. I sure hope that young girls emulate artists like Esperanza rather than some of the pop divas that seem to be so popular.

Ampedusa

Just watched her do "Fragile" at the Kennedy Center Honors with Herbie Hancock for Sting. Just stunning.

Robertito

While I didn't like all of her vocal stylings and atonal scatting, it was obvious to everyone in the house that we were in the presence of something very special that doesn't come along that often. Great band too, especially the piano player Leonardo Genovese, over and out!
"Atonal" scatting?

2HBStrat

Esperanza is an amazing talent. And I mean amazing in the traditional sense, not the throwaway term used today if the barista puts a squirt of caramel on your mocha's whipped cream. I sure hope that young girls emulate artists like Esperanza rather than some of the pop divas that seem to be so popular.
She might have to start doing Disney movie soundtracks...

Trending Topics