Saw Gary Hoey perform last night - killer!!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Fireproof, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:56 PM.

1. Fireproof

Fireproof Supporting Member

Gary Hoey was in town here in North Dallas playing at a small guitar shop called The Guitar Sanctuary. They have a nice little venue adjacent to the shop and my wife surprised me with a table right up front for my 50th birthday. (I wasn’t even aware he was in town).

I’ve been a fan of Gary’s for a while and he’s a monster player. But I’ve never seen him live. He did NOT disappoint. He was incredible. Played BB King, Hendrix, Hocus Pocus, Zeppelin, among many tunes from his latest blues album. Also a great surf medley in honor of the late great Dick Dale.

And if that wasn’t cool enough - as part of the finale, he thanked the troops and first responders and played a great rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

He hung out after for a meet and greet and was just the most humble/gracious guy. I’m an even bigger fan now.

Here’s my pic with him!
    [​IMG]

burns, 1bluzman, Mark Ray and 3 others like this.
  2. Green Pro Am

Green Pro Am Supporting Member

Gary's great. I saw him a few times back when I lived in Dallas. He's a regular performer at the Dallas Guitar Show.

Hamer95USA and Fireproof like this.
  3. Fireproof

Fireproof Supporting Member

He mentioned that! He said he hasn’t been the last couple of years because of schedule/touring conflicts, but intends to make the next one if possible.

Hamer95USA likes this.
  4. Mark Ray

Mark Ray We're Jammin' Gold Supporting Member

Awesome! One of my favorite players.

Fireproof likes this.