Saw Grace Potter & The Nocturnals last night

Stike

Nothing to really add that has not been said here before but WOW! What a great great band, the record doesn't even come close to how good they are live. I'm dumbfounded as to why they are not playing much bigger places.

hilux

They're going to explode into the mainstream soon... way too much talent for that not to happen

Sleepyhouse1422

Silver Supporting Member
They opened for the avetts on haloween last year and was the first time I've heard of them but were great. Saw them again a few months ago in Nashville and thought the opening band was better. Jonathan Tyler & the northern lights. But last weekend at hangout fest they were great. Besides rival sons, they had the best show of the festival. Their albums do not compare to their live shows.

sixty2strat

How odd just caught them on PBS the artists den. Like every other act that is on there my first thought was how bad will this be? Much to my shock they were really good, I wanted to hate them like all the other qurky indie acts them have on the show. My 2 issues with them were the songsI caught were unremarkable, "love" seemed like it was in every songs lyric. The guitar work was the weak link,next to the keys rhtyhm section and vocals, it was like the guy never went for it. Still tons of energy and werid in a great way to see real talent not canned clicked and synced to a sample

Bobby D

just learned one of their tunes at a band rehearsal tonite, thought it was really cool, never heard of them :YinYang

mullytron

Used to end up on a lot of the same festival bills with them 4 or 5 years ago, glad they stuck it out.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
Got tickets to see then in 9 days at the Clay Center in Charleston, WV, a killer, acoustically perfect smallish venue. I have seen all the vids but have not seen then live. We have great seats & are really looking forward to it. (Cat on bass ought to be good.)

Eskimo_Joe

Rocker, roller, way out of controller
Silver Supporting Member
I've only heard Paris Ooo la la. AND LOVE IT. Do they have any other rockers in their bag of tricks?

Bobby D

I've only heard Paris Ooo la la. AND LOVE IT. Do they have any other rockers in their bag of tricks?

that's the one we learned - got the riff in about 30 seconds. sounded good tho......

ah yes, the key of E -- "get in E and follow ME!!!":band

Eskimo_Joe

Rocker, roller, way out of controller
Silver Supporting Member
that's the one we learned - got the riff in about 30 seconds. sounded good tho......

ah yes, the key of E -- "get in E and follow ME!!!":band
I have no doubt you slayed it my friend.

Bobby D

I have no doubt you slayed it my friend.

no.....but our female vocalist sure did. and we had a guest bassist who blew me away -- female player with a big 5 string KEN SMITH who used to play with Robbie Gennett down here - once they told me she toured with Robbie, my heart rested easy.....

me? i just picked up the riff and played along -- never even heard the song. think i'll look it up now :band

Bobby D

this sounds like a funky Aerosmith in "ROCKS" era with a female singer and a heaping helping of Lenny Kravitz and some funk "stank"

a little too "overproduced" - but they probably didn't have much budget.

i would LOVE to record this band at electric lady on the 2" machines and make them turn protools OFF like i did last time i was there :YinYang

Bobby D

regarding "paris" -- someone needed to set the click track just a few BPM slower, and this song would be in the SWEET SPOT for groove.

as it is -- it sounds rushed and a little too "rocky"

a few BPM slower, and this would make me wanna F$%K my wife right now :eeks

Trending Topics