• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Saw Joe Bonamassa last nite...!!

Blueswede

Platinum Supporting Member
Joe was supposed to open for Etta James in Cerritos, but she cancelled due to ilness. I was on the waiting list, as the original show was sold out. Wednesday I get a call from the Center for the Performing Arts and was offerred tickets. I guess there were some cancellations due to EJ not playing. My GF and I ended up in the second row!! I"ve seen Joe twice before, and every time, he just gets better. IMO, Joe is one of the hardest working, and most talented players out there. I know there are a lot of nay-sayers regarding JB, but that's my opinion, and I"m sticking to it! He played a little over two hours, and totally rocked the place. Had his typical 4 amps onstage, and used a total of 9 guitars. Two of them were the EBMM series, 4 LPs, the Flying V and 2 acoustics. I took some pics which I will post later. His band was spot on; one of the better drummers I've heard, and Carmine is just a monster on the bass. The constant touring is obviously making this band tighter and better. Not a single lull in the music, just song after song. When Joe gets on the acoustic, he just goes into afterburner. Man, what a talented dude. And he's really gotten into shape physically. All in all, a most enjoyable night......

Last edited:
Cool man, can't wait to see the pics.

I am seeing him this Thursday in Hagerstown MD. I'll try to get some pictures too.

John Bell

Silver Supporting Member
I've noticed he has improved his stage image.He's gotten thin,cut his hair and is wearing nicer clothes.Me thinks he's about to go Nashville or something similar.Either way I believe his career is about to take off.Trust me on this one folks.............:cool:

The Captain

I've noticed he has improved his stage image.He's gotten thin,cut his hair and is wearing nicer clothes.Me thinks he's about to go Nashville or something similar.Either way I believe his career is about to take off.Trust me on this one folks.............:cool:
Yes, I agree that his career is on the verge of opening up. He just needs the right song to crack open a wider market. Something like Your Body Is a Wonderland or Daughters did for Mayer.
I'd like to see that.

Ian Anderson

I saw him in San Diego Friday night. He was good as usual. I thought he was more song oriented and less into the over the top guitar. The place was packed @ 1200 people!

Blueswede

He did some new material last nite, which was very good, IMO. I really dig "Spike Driver Blues" from his latest. He keeps making really good cds. I think he's come out with a new cd evey year for the last 3 years. His band is so tight; I think he's on the verge of something big.

mountain blues

Gold Supporting Member
I am in the camp that Joe is one of the greatest ever.

And I think comments here are right -- I think he may be about to break through to that recognition.

Butterfly

Joe deserves whatever recognition he gets, which could be a lot. I agree with the right song, he could go a long way.
Great pics. He has the coolest guitars and amps. He should join TGP LOL.

DonW

Velocity Town Angel
Double Platinum Member
100% talent/skills/chops, 0% pretense. Phenomenal.

todd richman

The EBMM is a Petrucci Baritone model which he uses for The Ballad of Joe Henry and one ofther song? He recorded that track with the Petrucci and mentions it in his Guitar Player interview.

Trending Topics