Saw Pat Metheny Last Night

peter_heijnen

I know what he means now.
Pat is such a monsterplayer, anything he touches is simply awesome. The Pat Metheny Group however is the ultimate Pat for me, Lyle Mays included. If the PMG played in the Netherlands the crowd would first treat the band with a standing ovation for some 5 to 10 minutes, before they had even played a single note. Those were magical nights!!

:bow

Bluesful

Supporting Member
Pat is such a monsterplayer, anything he touches is simply awesome. The Pat Metheny Group however is the ultimate Pat for me, Lyle Mays included. If the PMG played in the Netherlands the crowd would first treat the band with a standing ovation for some 5 to 10 minutes, before they had even played a single note. Those were magical nights!!

If you listen to The Road To You you can hear how enthusiastic the crowd are on the recording. IIRC it was recorded mainly in Italy.

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member

i remember seeing Pat w PMG on Miami Beach (100k people), and with Eddie Gomez & others at Ryles (tiny club, Cambridge/Somerville MA) within a couple of weeks of each other in 1980 (yum).

wgs1230

Fully Intonatable
Supporting Member
This edition of Side-Eye will feature James Francies (keyboards, piano) and drummer Marcus Gilmore.
Marcus Gilmore, a major player in his own right, is also the grandson of the mighty Roy Haynes (who recorded and toured with Pat in the "Question And Answer" trio - one of many triumphs in a historic career).

arthur rotfeld

Supporting Member
Very cool. Their new album is really good too.

Last time I saw him was duo with Larry Grenadier at the Blue Note. Excellent!

Trending Topics