Saw Sammy Hagar and The Circle Last Night

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
All I can say is that it was truly one of the best concerts I've ever been to in my life! Every single person on stage brought it and kicked ass! Solo Sammy, VH, Montrose, and some Led Zeppelin thrown in.

I will say this with all of the EVH ragging on Michael Anthony lately - MA was an EFFING beast last night! This wasn't just 8th and 16th root notes, he played his ass off and threw in a TON of cool licks and fills. I stood 10 feet from him all night, right in front of his three 8x10 cabinets. He even sang some lead here and there and he was amazing. Far better than ANY EVH lead vocals that I've heard.

I'm with Sammy - f*ck you Eddie Van Halen!

standard24

I saw Sammy in the late 70's (after Montrose). REO Speedwagon was on the bill, but they dropped off and they substituted Hagar. Nobody knew what to expect, but he won San Antonio over INSTANTLY! Super performer, doing what he was put on this earth to do.

custom53

I saw Sammy with Montrose, his first solo tour, then with Van Halen, and after Van Halen.. Sammy has Always put on a Great show..!

I always found it funny that Van Halen in their early days used to do Montrose covers..

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Too flipping funny. I started this same thread on another forum about the exact same show and came away with the exact same observations. Small world we live in for sure! Are you from Burlington as well? Excellent show is an understatement and I have always been on DLR VH side of the fence.

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
Too flipping funny. I started this same thread on another forum about the exact same show and came away with the exact same observations. Small world we live in for sure! Are you from Burlington as well? Excellent show is an understatement and I have always been on DLR VH side of the fence.
I am not but I've played with a lot of Burlington musicians. Kind of a 2nd home for me music wise.

Trending Topics