Saw Swans last night

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by pbenn2112, Mar 28, 2015.

1. pbenn2112

pbenn2112 Member

Cat's Cradle. Probably the loudest band I've seen. Normally don't use earplugs for an entire show, but did for this one.

2. slybird

slybird Member

How were they this year? I've seen them a few times. Always give a a good show. Very loud, but not quite the loudest I've seen. I think Gira is a great front. The Seer is probably my favorite album release of the last five year.

3. Triggerfingers

Triggerfingers Member

When I saw them in 2011 the venue had notices up on the doors warning people how loud the band was going to be, and they were handing out free earplugs. Good job too! Amazing gig though. That and Boredoms the year before are two of the best gigs I've ever been to. Boredoms (Boredrum 10) were just mindblowing.

Went to see Swans again earlier this year. I didn't like the venue though, and I went with my fiancée who gets very easily agitated. Not a great combination. But to be fair I was getting kind of agitated too. Didn't stay for the whole gig, but they were loud as hell then too. Kind of wish I had stayed, but whatever. Next time.

4. goddot

goddot Supporting Member

I saw them in the late 80's and enjoyed the show... always liked this band.

5. goddot

goddot Supporting Member