saw this Rush Pepbox tonight

Allycat

It was one of the first fuzz made in the uk, is very well known the PepBox but more to old fuzz lovers reason I am so impressed with this is the way I see it if it was one of the first made then it helped shape fuzz, well i think lol

Sparkfriction

Seems like this is the re issue pedal and not worth the cash - sorry. even the orignal is not worht the money. Maybe the one by WEM from 1967... but depends. maybe for collectors and for people who like the tone.

is it your auction Allycat? :hide2

66Park

It's not really a normal reissue. It's a pedal hand built by Pepe Rush, who is the original designer of the Pep Box. Kind of like if Gary Hurst hand built and sold some MKI tonebenders. At any rate it has a whole lot more credibility than most reissues.

Sparkfriction

maybe i have no idea of the definition "re-issue" but no matter who build it... its a re-issue and not an original from the good old days. And this makes it wierd. does it have the same old components?

66Park

They've got the original transistors at least. Don't know about the rest. Guys that have played them seem to love them and think they compare very favorably with the originals. Also, this is a very limited run. I think Macari's got ten, which sold nearly immediately, and I think Pepe made another ten or so. At least that's my impression up to this point. It doesn't really matter to me, as I don't like the way the originals sound. Too primitive for my tastes. But the price seems to be just fine, as they are all selling quickly. And the people that are buying them are pretty knowledgeable fuzz freaks. I don't think most people even know what a Pep Box is. :)

Last edited:

Trending Topics