• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Saw Train a week ago or so...

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Freaking Pat Monahan can sing. He is also one of the best front men in modern music today IMHO. The guy can just hold a crowd and the guy has range! You forget how many songs Train has through the years... Almost every song was recognizable through the hour and 45 minutes set.

Yeah... Some of their songs are made for radio. Big deal.

Shoot me for saying this, but he sings Dream On better than Tyler! PM also played the drums and sang at one point, which included a snippet of George Michael's Freedom.

I wish music today had more bands like Train and singers like PM.

benagain

Silver Supporting Member
They seem like hard workers. Pat mentioned how hes not a natural talent and it comes with lots of work and effort. When Drops of Jupiter comes on the radio it always make me appreciate my mother. good stuff.

B Money

their music isn't my favorite, but there's no denying the talent in the band. They do some amazing Zeppelin covers.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
their music isn't my favorite, but there's no denying the talent in the band. They do some amazing Zeppelin covers.
I was waiting for a Zep cover to pop up during the show, they went with Dream On instead. I have heard them do a few Zep covers in the past... They're always good.

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
I really, really like this band live. Hell I really like them anyway. Great band.

s2y

I saw them open for Mr. Big and Def Leppard in 1999 or so. Meet Virginia had just started playing on the radio and they were gaining popularity. They whipped out a Zep tune and did a surprisingly great job.

radicool

I don't own any of their music, but when it comes on the radio, I always have the same reaction: "what a great set of pipes on that guy!" Really good singer.

thewhit

Gold Supporting Member
This band completes their musical tasks in high order. I saw them once and was very impressed.........they hit on all cylinders.

Skeet skeet!

I absolutely dug the hell out of their first album. Bought Jupiter too, it had some good songs but it marked the end of my interest in their recordings. Would enjoy seeing them live fo sho.

27sauce

Didn't johnny Colt play with them for a bit? That was weird.

My band opened for them s couple of years ago. Great band, Pat is the real deal.

Bob Maximus

Gold Supporting Member
I played in a band that opened for them shortly after they released the first album and before they got into replacing some main players (not really feeling the needed research to get the names). They very much rocked out that night. I own the first two albums. Pat is a cool guy.

Magicpad

A recording engineer / producer that I used to work with says he wrote "Drops of Jupiter" and that Pat basically "stole" it from him... not sure who to believe, but I dig Train... they put on a good live show and write some great tunes, although I tent to prefer their earlier stuff.

stratotastic

I dig Train. I don't go out of my way to listen to them, but when I hear them or see them on TV or whatnot, I'm always impressed.

Also check out Pat's podcast where he interviewed Nile Rodgers. It's epic.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
I like'em. Good musicianship, good songwriting, good live performances.

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
I did a gig last Sat. where I sang a good 30 songs by a huge range of artists. The ONE song that TWO different audience members told me, "Sorry - this one's beyond you," was Soul Sister by Train. And you know what? I totally agree. I've pulled it from my set list. I can do a lot of things but justice to songs by one of today's finest natural tenors? Nope.

frennis

I did a gig last Sat. where I sang a good 30 songs by a huge range of artists. The ONE song that TWO different audience members told me, "Sorry - this one's beyond you," was Soul Sister by Train. And you know what? I totally agree. I've pulled it from my set list. I can do a lot of things but justice to songs by one of today's finest natural tenors? Nope.
Even Pat has said that's the hardest song for him to sing every night, so don't feel bad. When he was on Darryl's House, he wouldn't even sing it high during the rehearsals, to save his voice for the real take.
He's a great singer, and does a great job on Zeppelin. I've read he started out in a Zeppelin cover band in PA.

Trending Topics