Saying goodbye is so hard.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Deadicated, Feb 4, 2019.

1. cratz2

cratz2 Member

One of the most moving movements was being in the car immediately behind the widow of a Dallas police officer during the funeral procession.

I can't convey how many officers from all over the country were there but what really got me was we drove past an officer with someone pulled over. He glanced, realized what was going on and right in the middle of talking to the pedestrian, he did a military style heel turn, saluted and held the salute as long as I could see him.

Damn, that was humbling.

FenderTone likes this.
  2. Deadicated

Deadicated Member

The drive to the cemetery was surreal and very humbling as you said. The cemetery was in the next County and seeing the route whole was lined with people holding flags saluting and crying with us gave me that much more faith in the inherent good in people and society in these trying times we live in. Thanks once again for the prayers and support it really means alot to know people care.

CharlieS, FenderTone and cratz2 like this.
  3. Digidog

Digidog Member

I'm sorry for your loss!

I hope you and his family will recover enough to find life meaningful and happy again, although a loss is a constant and an always.

I wish you the best.

4. deeohgee

deeohgee Member

So sorry for your loss.

5. supergenius365

supergenius365 Silver Supporting Member

Sending as many positive vibes as you need.

6. don carney

don carney Silver Supporting Member

My deepest condolences to you and your family. I am thankful for those in public service.

7. M40A1

M40A1 Supporting Member

Words simply are not enough, but like others I too would like to convey my condolences to you and your entire family for the sad loss of your nephew. May his death not be in vain.

8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Supporting Member

The view from Ice Lake in The Great White North
  9. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

It takes a special kind of person to serve in law enforcement. They know the danger but the calling to serve is stronger. Sad to lose an amazing young man so early in his life and career. It will be hard for a long time but I hope his memory fills your family with pride and love.

10. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

Pearl Jam wrote a brilliant song about loved ones who pass away suddenly and you never got a chance to say goodbye.
    It's called Light Years.