Schaller Strap Locks

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Moe45673, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Hey all

I am using Schaller strap locks, which I love. They have worked great for the 4 years I've used em.

Question: I lost the hex nut for one of them. Anyone know the size of this nut, and where I can order a replacement for it? Info about the washers would be great as well, so I can buy backups instead of shelling out another 12 bucks for a new set.

Thanks!

2. Mike R.

Mike R. Member

Maybe bring it to Home Depot or Lowes and see if they have the right size replacement?

3. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I'm actually in NYC, despite what the location next to my name says (I should change it).

The one hardware store I went to, on 83rd and broadway, did not sell lug nuts. I am wary of running around to different stores all day. I either want a huge mammoth king of the chain branch, or an online store with exact part measurements.

I did find one place online that sells replacement nuts. Unfortunately, they only sell the black kind whilst mine is nickel. Not a huge deal, but I would prefer nickel or chrome. Also, the store doesn't sell the washers.

Thanks anyhow!

4. CAFeathers

CAFeathers Member

5. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I tried to find replacements at Home Depot recently, and couldn't find any that fit properly. The threading is spaced differently from your average household hardware.

I went to a guitar repair shop that has tons of AllParts gear for sale. They had them, the AllParts comes with the washer and nut and fits perfectly.

6. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

CAFeathers has helped me out very generously, as has the perennial guitar wiz Evan Gluck.

While I am set with some backups now and whatnot, I can't approach either of these guys in the future as they just happened to have the parts on them and don't regularly give them out. Any other suggestions as to where I can find in the future would be great.

Cvan, would you happen to know offhand what part# the nuts and washers are at AllParts?

7. cvansickle

Sorry Moe, I threw the package away.

8. cvansickle

9. 908SSP

908SSP Supporting Member

Use Loc-tite or Superglue on the threads when you tighten them down and you won't lose them again ;)

10. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Thanks for all the responses!