Schecter MIK Synester Guitar Trem Question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by brianf, Jun 13, 2008.

1. brianf

brianf Member

My son just went out and picked himself up one of these guitars last night.

I changed the strings to 52>10 and must have farted around for half an hour getting the trem level and intonation reset.

Everything is dead on now and never having owned a Floyd equipted guitar myself, was amazed how well it stays in tune.

Also a very nice playing guitar for 700.00. Ugly as sin though.

Anyway is there some sort of trem stop that can be purchased for this guitar. My son rests his hand on the trem as he plays and he is out of tune all the time.

I can't find anything at All Parts or Stu Mac.

Any ideas???

Many thanks in advance.

brianf

2. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Supporting Member

www.tremol-no.com may be what you have in mind. I think there are a couple other competing gizmos as well.

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

a common mod is to "block" the trem, by putting a small piece of wood in the back, between the metal trem block and the body, on the side under the springs, glued to the body but not to the trem, and tighten the springs until the trem rests against this block. that way, he can dive the bar to his heart's content, but when he lets go, the bridge will come back against the block, and won't move when he rests his hand on it.

this eliminates any up-pulls on the bar, but for some players it's a useful trade-off.

4. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

The down bend only set up is the answer as the Tremol-No has a whole list of its own issues (works OK for some people but.)