Schecter PT Fastback ii b

Merry Christmas everyone! I am a new member on the forum. I was wanting to know if any of you out there have played the Schechter PT fast back ii b model. i'm in a psycho Billy band. I normally play single coil teles. I'm not a metal guy. We play Johnny cash, stray cats, Horton heat, Elvis, stuff like that. If any of you have experience with this guitar,I'd love to know what you think of it. My Guitar Center doesn't carry it, so I can't try before I buy. My amps are a 77 Princeton reverb, peavey classic 30, Revered hellhound 60/40, a Timmy pedal and an MXR Carbon Copy. My single coil tele has problems due to moisture damage from years ago. i've replaced the pick ups the wiring the Jack the pick up switch everything. And still, the pick up selector seems to go out and only play one sound position instead of all three. I need a reliable guitar. Thanks

Last edited:

Roxy

I like them. Only issue I've found is if you don't like that DD fg-101 pickup you're kinda stuck since it's one of those oddball sizes. Other than that they're great. Coil split/tap/whatever you wanna call it comes in handy for that single tone .

However if you like Schecter but you REALLY love teles check the Vintage California Series. Plays like a true tele but gutsier pickups. In fact Id take one of those over a Mexican Tele or even an American Standard.

filtersweep

I like them. Only issue I've found is if you don't like that DD fg-101 pickup you're kinda stuck since it's one of those oddball sizes. Other than that they're great. Coil split/tap/whatever you wanna call it comes in handy for that single tone .

However if you like Schecter but you REALLY love teles check the Vintage California Series. Plays like a true tele but gutsier pickups. In fact Id take one of those over a Mexican Tele or even an American Standard.
Is it a WRHB size- like Fender? Or odder yet?

LTigh

Gotta +1 this.

Although the current iteration of the II B has regular humbucker-sized pickups. Still, having tried them both, between the two I went for the California PT Custom, but then again, I'm not a Bigsby guy.

Also, swapped out the stock Diamond Plus with a Pearly Gates/'59 set. THAT was like sex, man.

IMG_20160904_220358371_zps8zgileqr.jpg

Although, to be fair, the Fender Mexican Teles aren't that bad (after I took it to a tech what knew what they were doing and not the goofball at the GC what charges $45 for a string change, swapped out the wonky-spaced stock bridge for a hipshot, and put in Fender Locking Tuners and a pearloid pickguard) neither are the Chinese Squier ones.

IMG_20161120_140341923_zps3g5ihb1p.jpg

(La Cabronita pre-mods).
IMG_20161226_114349975_zpssar7hj9d.jpg

(La Cabronita post-mods)

Last edited:
Gotta +1 this.

Although the current iteration of the II B has regular humbucker-sized pickups. Still, having tried them both, between the two I went for the California PT Custom, but then again, I'm not a Bigsby guy.

Also, swapped out the stock Diamond Plus with a Pearly Gates/'59 set. THAT was like sex, man.

IMG_20160904_220358371_zps8zgileqr.jpg

Although, to be fair, the Fender Mexican Teles aren't that bad (after I took it to a tech what knew what they were doing and not the goofball at the GC what charges $45 for a string change, swapped out the wonky-spaced stock bridge for a hipshot, and put in Fender Locking Tuners and a pearloid pickguard) neither are the Chinese Squier ones.

IMG_20161120_140341923_zps3g5ihb1p.jpg

(La Cabronita pre-mods).
IMG_20161226_114349975_zpssar7hj9d.jpg

You've got a great collection. Very nice. I love the surf green one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom