1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

School me on best way to set up my stuff please

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Pickin4Jesus, May 19, 2011.

1. Pickin4Jesus

Pickin4Jesus Member

Stuff:
    Bogner Duende
    Boss Pedal Tuner
    OCD v4
    MXR Carbon Copy

How should I chain them?
    I do not want to use the loop.

Play in a large church thru house system with a 57 mic.

2. jetcitymusic

jetcitymusic Member

I've always put my Boss TU-2 first but really it could also go last in your chain... since it has a buffered output, that could help your signal going in to the front of your amp. As far as the other two, definitely put the OCD before the Carbon Copy. For effects, I've always found the best order to go like this: >>distortion/overdrive/fuzz >>modulation effects such as chorus/flanger/phaser >>>delay/echo last in line. Of course experiment with the order and you might find something that works better for your situation. Good luck!

3. SG_Seth

SG_Seth Member

If the bogner its set clean then there's no need for anything to go in the loop.

Guitar>Tuner>OCD>Delay>Amp

Standard simple setup

4. XmasTree

XmasTree Member

tuner>carbon copy>ocd

i put my delay first and that's why i sound like the edge's little brother ......lil' edge.
    ...and you don't.

5. lupa

lupa Member

I would put the OCD first, then tuner, then delay
    my reasoning is that the buffer in that tuner would effect the clean up (Gtr vol.knob)ability of the OCD if you put it before it. It might effect it ever so slightly but why hinder your "palette"

6. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I assume you are running the mic into a mixer for the PA? If so, the mixer probably has an effect send/receive and that would sound the best by far because delay sounds best when it is not colored by a guitar amp's amplifier or speaker (sounds best on full-range speakers). This is really easy to do, but you might not have access to the pedal, so it will only be helpful if you are a set it an forget it player.