• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Schreyer Audio EDS45/50

Loni Specter

Earl, How's it going? Looks like another fine example of your work to me. Why the cryptic heading? Just spit it out bro. Looking forward to seeing you exhibit in LA on Oct.3 :AOK

bigeasy

Thanks Loni, more coming soon.
Yes, I plan on doing the show this year.A new line up in full force.
Talk to you soon,

todd richman

Earl, please spill the beans on this one. How is it different from the EDS45 like Marc was playing a few years ago?

bigeasy

Sure, here's the full description below from the web site. But basically the change away from a JTM45 type circuit would be; the 4-hole input is changed to a 2 hole input and a bright/normal switch. The tone stack is plate load like a blackface as opposed to a cathode driven tone stack, but I voiced it so it really covers both the 5F6A/JTM45 and a black face range. depending on the settings. The plate load tone stack is a little more present (out front) than a cathode driven tone stack. And when it starts to distort it maintains a bit more clarity. Can even snarl a bit more with a Les Paul like a Marshal. This one runs 6l6's on purpose. I'm a fan of KT66, but it's decision I made (we even swapped 6L6's in Marc's for a while to tighen up the bass) for this one. Then the whole Tube/SSR rectifier switch is new. So if you want to tighten up the bass and sqeeze some more power out of it you can in the SSR mode.
Then on the back I have bias probe points so you can measure the power tube bias with simple volt meter, when using the external trim pot.
Marc still uses an EDS45 loaded in a re-issue blues braker cab from mojo running 2x12 30watt weber ceramic blue dogs.
I still love the JTM45 and will build them direct order upon request.
Thanks,
Earl

"The EDS45/50 is an original Schreyer Audio design. 45 watts in the tube rectifier mode (5AR4/GZ34), or a full 50 watts in the SSR mode. Three position standby switch for tube, standby, or solid state rectifier mode. The power is provided by a dual 6L6 fixed bias stage driven by a split load phase inverter. Two input jacks are provided (#1 full in, #2 -6dB in or patch full). A bright/normal switch, Volume, and a Treble, Bass, Middle tone stack. The tone stack covers a mix between the tweed era 5F6A/JTM45, and classic black face. It loves pedals, so put your pedal board in front for all the effects you want and you are good to go. An impedance switch is included on the back (4, 8, 16 ohm positions), and two speaker jacks wired in parallel. Outside bias probe points are included and an external trim pot so power tube bias can be done without removing the chassis. The Spring-Verb, and/or Tremo-Verb make a great companion for this head.
Each amplifier is hand wired in our shop in Carlsbad, CA, USA."

bigeasy

Thanks,
and I just determined last night I can fit the EDS45/50 into the smaller box like the Sage28H. So they both will now only be 20" wide. This means you can turn a lot of cabs up in their side (like a 2x12 bassman cab for example, or our own SOB2x12) and get the speakers a little higher to your ear. And it just makes a cool little power pack of a head.

bigeasy

Note: there is an error in that old description. The phase inverter in that amp (eds45/50) is a long tail PI, not a split load. I use a split load phase inverter in the lower power Sage28H, which sounds great breaking up around 30watts. But the higher power EDS45/50 uses a long tail for the most headroom in the line.

Trending Topics