Schroeder Suckerpunch Guitar Followup (Attacker faces life)

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by Schroeder, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Schroeder

Schroeder Member

This a follow up on the Suckerpunch story. The guy who took the suckerpunch actually pled guilty last week (this is his 3rd felony so he faces life in prison). He is going to be sentenced on July 8th.

There are some cool final details on the Suckerpunch. Mitchell signed the headstock and scratched "SuckerPunch" on the plate on the underside of the neck. Pretty cool. I hope this is a little cathartic for Mitch.

Thanks to all the TGPers who participated!

Jason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

i missed the original story. any where to find it?

3. Schroeder

Schroeder Member

4. vangit

vangit Supporting Member

Damn I hope he fries. Keep us posted

5. cander328

cander328 Member

Still taking donations?

6. t_hamill

t_hamill Member

Hi Guys

Firstly I have to say a big sorry for the long delay in this post, things have been a bit crazy and I've had real problems getting the pics uploaded to photobucket.

I have to say a big thank-you to Jason, Mitchell and everyone, As the lucky winner of the rafle I have to say that I'm so fortunate to have got my hands on another superb schroeder guitar. I have to say its a very different beast to my custom, but in a very good way! Its my first ever satin finish and I have to say that its fantastic, really comfortable like an old pair of jeans!

[​IMG]

Its definately a different ebast to my custom as I said before, more modern sounding, a little higher output and fore focused and defined in some respects. Its also very different to have a 24 fretter, a really nice contrast between the two. The body is a thinner than my custom and it definately feels lighter on the strap as well which is always a good thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The difference in the tones are quite pronounced, probably due to a number of factors but its really interesting since there are a lot of similarities in the materials used. If I was describing the differences I'd say my custom is definately more of a thick, buttery les-paulish sound, sometimes lacking a little in definition but I love it. The suckerpunch is definately a much more modern guitar, more defined and more agressive, but not in a remotely harsh way. I think the thinner body, longer scale length and slightly hotter pickups all play a part. Needless to say, the neck is superb, buttery sooth and great, you just can't help but play it!

Thanks again guys, I'm really honoured to have such great instruments from such great guys!

7. Jim Wagner Pickups

Jim Wagner Pickups Member

That thing looks GREAT !!! Sure like to hear it !!!
    And I hope the puncher rots in 7 Hells. At least. [​IMG]