Schubas

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by smolder, Feb 28, 2015.

1. smolder

smolder Gold Supporting Member

If you've been to a show there (it's in Chicago) you'll get this. It's a perfect design for a neighborhood pub with live music. The front is a normal bar, the back a stage/dance floor/tables. Doors in between... Allows live music in the back, and conversations up front. Why don't more venues figure this out?

PS: they also open the entire place up for killer breakfast with bloody Mary's for recovery the next morning.

2. slybird

slybird Member

That type of setup is a Chicago norm. There are several places in Chicago with bands in one section and talking/drinking in another. Empty Bottle, Elbo Room, Hideaway, Reggie's, Beat Kitchen, Subterranean, Cole's, Cobra Lounge, and Bottom Lounge are the only ones I can think of off hand. I'm sure there are more.

3. phodg

phodg Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was just about to type the same thing. There are loads of similar venues in Chicago. The Avalon used to be cool before it closed too. Reggie's and Bottom Lounge are probably my two favorites right now.

4. moosewayne

moosewayne Member

What Slybird said.

But yes, Schubas is blessed with a very good sounding room.
    If you ever get to play there, you'll find one of the best, most balanced sounding stages you'll ever tread.