• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Scofield....On a Tele!

imastratoholic

Silver Supporting Member
My son and I saw Sco not too long ago, and he played his "T" all night. I believe it's an Ibanez, may be wrong on that, but it's not a Fender.

phillygtr

I think it is an Ibanez. Wasn't there a story about someone trying to sell Scofield his old tele (that he sold a long time ago) and wanting way more than it's worth because he once owned it? He said no thanks to that and got Fender (or maybe he picked up this Ibanez) to make him one? I think he's a tele guy at heart.

Cool. Some badass playing here.

I think he was playing this same tele when I saw him in NY last year...he had a good sized board, but didn't use it much. Cranked his AC30 though! Sounded great.

rollyfoster

Silver Supporting Member
He visited the fender custom shop and that tele "jumped out" at him. He probably sanded the logo because of his deal with ibanez, but that is definitely a fender.

Average Joe

I love everything Sco and that clip is no exception. I do think he sounds even better on a semi whether the ibanez or the old 335 though

slopeshoulder

It's not an Ibanez.

He's not a tele guy at heart.

(From what orifice do people pull this stuff?)

But he sounds great on his tele.

karmadave

Gold Supporting Member
John's been playing the Tele with both Uberjam and Phil Lesh & Friends. I don't know what brand (nor do I care). It's Scofield and that's all that counts!

phillygtr

I believe his first real guitar was a telecaster that he regretted getting rid of. Also, he plays tele a lot more now versus his semi hollow exclusively. I've read a few interviews where he's expressed his love of the telecaster.
It's not an Ibanez.

He's not a tele guy at heart.

(From what orifice do people pull this stuff?)

But he sounds great on his tele.

I saw him last year with Mike Stern. Their initial plan was to play "Hollowbodies," hence the name of the band. Stern even told me he was going to borrow and old L5 for the gig.

Well, the gig came and they are both playing solid bodies. Sco joked around as much, saying the solids "sound better."

Trending Topics

Top Bottom