Scored a Taylor 710ce

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by skogm, Apr 9, 2008.

1. skogm

skogm Member

Man, I really LOVE this guitar! Just had to share....:dude I happened to be in GC of all places yesterday when they were doing clearance items. $1522 + the case. Action is sweet and the tones....man...KILLER! It has some light pick scratches, is missing the truss rod cover and has a small bubble in the clear coat. Other than that it is dead mint. I think I got a decent deal. At $2549 hang tag, I couldn't even bring myself to pick it up but while I was in there this dude walks in and changes the tag to $1522 saying that it had been there for awhile and was going on clearance. I walked out the door with it....:jo

2. Mrjoelv

Mrjoelv Member

Nice guitar, you did good. Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Enjoy!

3. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

I have had my 814CE for several years now (8?) and really like it. I hope you enjoys yours for years.

4. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

I also have an 814CE I got in 2003 I love w/upgraded expression system Taylor replaced free at a local clinic they held at a local music store last year since they said my old one (first year) was defective (contacts can dry out) and now sounds fantastic amplified, always was great acoustically.

5. lannyhall

lannyhall Member

That is pretty spectacular customer service. Congrats on your new old guitar.

6. oscar100

oscar100 Member

7. skogm

skogm Member

It's amazing what a new axe can do for your creativity as well. I was playing all heavy stuff recently and now I'm writing melodic acoustic ballads...whoa!:drink