• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Scored a Yamaha DG80 112 for $200!

Burstbucker

I stumbled onto a lightly used Yamaha DG80 112 combo amp yesterday at a pawnshop, I never got the chance to play her really loud but it sure sounded promising. I put a deposit on it.

They had it for sale there for $400.00 for the longest time and it just wasn't moving, so all of a sudden they slashed it down to $200.00!

I just couldn't let it go for that price, heck I've spent more then $200 on a stompbox!

It doesn't have a footswitch and it would be nice to be able to toggle through a few stored presets, I know that there's the Yamaha midi foot controller that they recommend but that's around $400.00, I'm thinking of going with a Tech21 Midi Mouse or Midi Moose instead.

I know that this isn't one of the latest and greatest digital amps out there but they seem to have a good rep, don't they? Do any of you guys like this amp?

I had a Line 6 AX2 digital 2x12 combo amp(was a dog IMHO) back in'99 or 2000 and I got rid of it within a couple of years, and I lost a lot of money on that experience. I think that this DG80 would mop up the floor with my old AX2. I swore off digital amps after that one but ten years later, here I am.

This time around is different though, I'm getting the amp for a song and I'm pretty sure that it's a way better product too.

Last edited:

Triamp9

Congratulations on a great bargain!

I have the DG100 combo and it never fails to impress me with it's warmth of tone and versatility. The onboard effects are great as well. Seriously under-rated amp that is becoming increasingly rare.

Have fun!

Burstbucker

Thanks!

I should mention that this will be mostly my bedroom amp, I already have two tube amps, a Fender Twin Reverb 212 and a Traynor YBA-1 Bass Master 50 watt head(think Fender Bassman/Marshall JTM45) with 1x12 closed back cab.

These two tube amps sound great but they are too loud for bedroom noodling.

I also like the idea of not burning the life out of my tubes on those two amps for the many times that I just want to play for 30-60 minutes at a time. Short noodling sessions are what I usually do, so this little DG80 will probably come in quite handy.

I'm sure that the DG80 would also make a handy back-up amp in case my tube amp craps out during a gig. I'm not gigging these days but I might get back into it and a back-up amp that's nice and portable is good insurance in my book.

Trending Topics