Scott from BMF Effects is da man! (Ross content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by screamingduck, Jul 4, 2008.

1. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

About a month ago I posted a thread about an old black Ross distortion our keyboard/guitarist had dragged out of the closet. The shortlived Ross line was actually excellent and I believe mostly based on MXR designs. Analogman uses the Ross compressor as the basis of his CompRossor and BiComp. Anyway, Scott from BMF Effects posted saying he had an older tan Ross that had a better sounding chip. From only knowing me on TGP, he was kind enough to send us the tan Ross to compare to my friends newer black one. The tan one definitely sounded much better so we asked Scott if he could mod the black model to the tan's specs and make it true bypass as well. Along with the Ross, I also sent him one of my old Boss DM-2's which had a broken 9v input jack. To make a long story short, Scott fixed both units and had them back to me very quickly. He also was great in communicating with me throughout the process to make sure we were happy. I could not believe how much better the Ross sounds now and I may even get one for my board. The only thing is once I went to
    www.bmfeffects.com I immediatley got interested in his Fat Bastard, Purple Nurple, and his revised delay which I think will go up to 1200 milliseconds (I may be off on that).
    So I just wanted to thank a fellow TGP'er once again for some excellent work, great communication, and also some very sweet pedal designs that I sincerely hope he does very well with. If you have a moment, go hit his website and check out his pedals. I think you will be pleasantly surprised how good they sound and who is starting to use them. Thanks Scott and best wishes for you and BMF Effects!!!:dude

2. Lizard Leg

Lizard Leg Member

Scott is a great guy who really cares about his customers and his products. It shows in everything he does!

3. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Indeed - Scott and I complete a great trade (my KOT for his HBOD) and he was great the whole way through. Stand up guy!

Brian

4. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Thanks for the support guys. :AOK

5. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Any Fat Bastard users out there? I'm always looking at new gear and this little gem looks like it might be a nice addition to my rig. I'd love to hear how people are placing it in their pedalboards and what experiences they have had with it.

6. Rid

Rid Senior Member

The Aries fuzz is da total bomb!
    And total love the Purple Nurple....cannot wait to try the Liquid sky

7. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

How are you using the Purple Nurple? Lead tone, rhythm, or maybe both?
    What type sound are you getting and/or going for with the Nurple?
    I am also very interested in the Fat Bastard. I have a Klon I'm using for a slighty dirty boost and was thinking the FB might work as a cleaner type boost along with the Klon.

8. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Another try to see if anyone can describe their experiences with either the Fat Bastard or Purple Nurple or both if you have them.
    Thanks,
    Mike

9. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Bueller....Buelller...?

10. LB Rock

LB Rock Supporting Member

I've got the Purple Nurple- always suited my needs, and serves as a good volume boost with the gain down as well.

11. vicenzajay

vicenzajay Member

I know this is a late reply to your thread (and that you already have one), but I am REALLY enjoying my Fat Bastard pedal....just perfect for what I was looking for - nice clean, fat boost that, if anything, adds just a touch of sparkle as well as touch of lower "phat"ness but really lets the natural guitar's tone shine through.

Great, great, great pedal. I love it.

Jay

12. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Member

Scott's stuff is great. I can say that without a doubt because I bought a Liquid Sky from him, and it sounds amazing. I ended up doing a demo of it on you tube, and he offered to send me a purple nurple and fat bastard to try out and demo too. All of them are great pedals.

13. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

Another late reply here!
    I have been using a Fat Bastard for years! I won one in another forum's raffles sveral years ago. I think mine is #12 or something like that. I'm quoted on the website about it.
    I like it a lot. It's a very simple, decrete device with only a few parts in it. At unity gain it fattens up the signal very slightly. It ads very little color to the tone, mostly just warmth (and volume if you want it). He compared it to having a parallel/series switch on a Tele.
    I prefer it with single coils. The sound can get a little overly compressed sounding with humbuckers.

14. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Scott rocks, knows his pedals and Marc Ford and Jeff Massey dig him too!

15. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Some new stuff in the works for 2009.

16. todd richman

How about a Jeff Massey/Marc Ford Signature Pedal!

17. A440

A440 Silver Supporting Member

cool

how do you guys like the liquid sky?

how does it gel with od/dist pedals?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  18. Curly

Curly Member

Good dude ....

I'm sorry I missed the boat on his DynaComp mod.

19. todd richman

Just bumping this to see if Scott from BMF drops by with any updates on new products. Also, I hope he releases the Nurple Plus like the ones he built for Jeff Massey and Marc Ford.